Hats off to Collado

monk10

Golden Gopher
Reaction score
After watching some of the game again. I just have to tip my hat to his special teams play.

Way to get some hot chili Collado!

Collado and Klitzke both played lights out special teams last week.

The man knows how to make a tackle on special teams...Me and a bunch of guys in my group stated this during the game. He was all over the place!

We noticed this as well, There is about a 100% difference in his intensity and physicalness (is that a word?) when he is out there on ST. Hats off as he is vital to our dominating ST play

Physicality. But yes I agree. Huge hits, great coverage. They were amped.

Kuznia-Shaddy-Collado-Green-etc.. all have been awesome so far. We need to be better at the ST's aspect every game to win the game imo.

Don't forget Stoudermire, he made that huge tackle to back purdue up inside the 10, maybe even the 5 I forget. At any rate, I am happy with Collado as long as he isn't in pass coverage. He is a solid tackler.

If only Collado could teach Simmons and Sherels to play that way.

Or - If only Simmons or Sherels could teach Collado to cover.

F it - just put Carter in.

And you guys call yourself Gopher fans? We have Special FORCES, not special teams.

I'd also say hats off to Mr. Collado for filling in admirably at CB while Sherels was out with injury. Unspectacular, but pretty solid in the interim.

As long as Collado doesn't have to actually cover anyone he's a decent player. When he has to actually do the job of a CB and cover receivers it gets pretty ugly. I'm hoping that next year he makes some big time improvement

As long as Collado doesn't have to actually cover anyone he's a decent player. When he has to actually do the job of a CB and cover receivers it gets pretty ugly. I'm hoping that next year he makes some big time improvement
I think he's going to have to. Johnny Johnson doesn't seem like the guy, and while I love Kerry Lewis as a prospect, it seems unlikely he's going to be the guy from day one with no game experience.

I think he's going to have to. Johnny Johnson doesn't seem like the guy, and while I love Kerry Lewis as a prospect, it seems unlikely he's going to be the guy from day one with no game experience.

No he won't, the starting corners will be Carter and Collado.

Top Bottom