Has anyone seen any marketing by Coyle to get this opener sold out, sell some more season tix?

swingman

Reaction score
Digital ads? Radio? TV? Billboard? Direct marketing print or phone or email or text?

Appearances on local TV or radio?

Curious what people are seeing, hearing.

I admit marketing coming out of covid lockdowns is tricky.

The "fans" and "new fans" will be back. Really winning is the answer. One GH'ers point here was "Win Baby Win." That has not changed.

There is a difference between marketing and advertising.
Unless you live off the grid I would suspect that those faintly interested in MN Gopher FB are aware that they play tOSU in Minneapolis to start the season.

I also heard a radio commercial saying tickets were available to the Ohio State game. Still more than a week a way.

How many tickets are sold?

There is a difference between marketing and advertising.
Unless you live off the grid I would suspect that those faintly interested in MN Gopher FB are aware that they play tOSU in Minneapolis to start the season.
We want to reach those that have zero interest in Gopher football. Tremendous opportunity!

All the same, being on national TV and against a huge opponent ... will look bad if the stadium is only half to 3/4 full.

Digital ads? Radio? TV? Billboard? Direct marketing print or phone or email or text?

Appearances on local TV or radio?

Curious what people are seeing, hearing.
Get a lot of emails from the athletic department

“We know you don’t care and tickets are $150+ and it’s a Thursday and parking will be a disaster but come see our highly ranked opponent!”
I'm guessing you don't work in marketing or sales?

I'm guessing you don't work in marketing or sales?
It was in reply to someone saying advertising to fans with no interest. You’re missing the point if you didn’t read that.

How many tickets remain unsold? The seating chart online doesn’t account for gopher pass holders, if I recall

Should get at least a decent boost from sales at the state fair. Have a whole week to sell there before the game.

the marketing part is an interesting point to ponder.

what groups of fans should they target as priorities:

former season-tickets holders - can they get some of the lapsed fans to return?

people who have bought single-game tickets in the past - but have never had season tickets?

people who have bought tickets for other Gopher sports - but not football?

brand-new fans who have never attended Gopher football games?

Gopher alumni?

I for one would like to see the Gophers do some outreach with HS FB Coaches - offer a package deal to take a HS team to a game. I believe they used to have a deal where teams got a group rate if they wore their HS jerseys to the game.

fwiw; Gophers versus Buckeye tickets are by far the most expensive in the B1G that weekend at $83 minimum on the resale sites. If you buy from the U they are going for $125 a pop. Penn State at Wisconsin tickets are going for $58.

I think the Gophers are holding out to get people into season tickets. Sure - you could buy one ticket to the OSU game for $125 - or you could buy the same seat for the full season for $310. Might mean the stadium isn't completely sold out, but it's the right long-term move.

Last edited:

Sid would have been off the rails for this game. He may have been the guy spinning the sign on 94 that the earlier poster mentioned. I wonder how much free advertising he cost the U when he passed? Of course he was over the top but I would have been cheering right next to him.

How short are we of a sell out? Did someone say 2K?

Top Bottom