Has Anyone Bought Student Guest Passes?

Nax91

Reaction score
So I'm taking advantage of my last year of student section status and bringing some family to the game on the cheap (guest passes to student section are very reasonable). But can't get their dang website to work. You can log into the main Gopher Sports page, but once you get to the actual page to buy the guest passes it just keeps asking you to log-in in a loop.

I'll call tomorrow afternoon if it doesn't resolve itself but I thought I'd ask here too. Has anyone gotten the website to work? Or do you know if you can buy guest passes from TCF Ticket Office on Gameday?

Thanks!

I know people who have ordered them online without issues. I know people who have had issues. It's not a great system. I would call the box office and they'll be able to help.

So I'm taking advantage of my last year of student section status and bringing some family to the game on the cheap (guest passes to student section are very reasonable). But can't get their dang website to work. You can log into the main Gopher Sports page, but once you get to the actual page to buy the guest passes it just keeps asking you to log-in in a loop.

I'll call tomorrow afternoon if it doesn't resolve itself but I thought I'd ask here too. Has anyone gotten the website to work? Or do you know if you can buy guest passes from TCF Ticket Office on Gameday?

Thanks!

I ordered them online with no problem. Go to the student ticket hub and select the game you want to buy from. Don't go via the main page. It will auto enter the promo code for you this way and you just go down and select student tickets. I ofund this to work. I know you can get them day of game given there are still tix available as well according to emails I have received.

My son (high school senior) and friends will all be attending using the guest passes of one of their classmates who has a U card due to taking some classes on campus during his HS senior year. It sure is different than a few years ago when student tickets required lie detector tests, retina scans, and FBI interrogations to be used.

My son (high school senior) and friends will all be attending using the guest passes of one of their classmates who has a U card due to taking some classes on campus during his HS senior year. It sure is different than a few years ago when student tickets required lie detector tests, retina scans, and FBI interrogations to be used.

Couldn't agree more. In 2009 they actually spent time scanning student IDs on gameday...now, I have purchased 14 guest passes for the Wisconsin game with no questions asked.

To the original question - to avoid having to prove that I am still a student (which I am no longer) I called 1-800-UGOPHER (if that doesnt work try GOPHERU) and all you need is the name and address of the student with the season ticket. From there, just tell them how many guest passes you want then they ask for payment info and the email address to send the tickets to! Calling has always been easiest for me, let them figure out the technology aspect.

I was having problems buying them online, so I just went to Mariucci and they printed them off for me there.

Couldn't agree more. In 2009 they actually spent time scanning student IDs on gameday...now, I have purchased 14 guest passes for the Wisconsin game with no questions asked.

To the original question - to avoid having to prove that I am still a student (which I am no longer) I called 1-800-UGOPHER (if that doesnt work try GOPHERU) and all you need is the name and address of the student with the season ticket. From there, just tell them how many guest passes you want then they ask for payment info and the email address to send the tickets to! Calling has always been easiest for me, let them figure out the technology aspect.

That sucks.

That sucks.

All were purchased using 7 different student season tickets so don't worry, I didn't scam the system that way I just had to give them 7 different names of student ticket season holders and their 7 addresses then they let me put them all on one card. All 7 student season ticket holders gave their consent for me to do this, we are friends (they were not fiscally prepared to make this move and I didn't want to wait until they sold out).

All were purchased using 7 different student season tickets so don't worry, I didn't scam the system that way I just had to give them 7 different names of student ticket season holders and their 7 addresses then they let me put them all on one card. All 7 student season ticket holders gave their consent for me to do this, we are friends (they were not fiscally prepared to make this move and I didn't want to wait until they sold out).

That's not the problem. If you can do it then any entreprising WI student at the U can do it too. A student section with a lot of Badger fans in it would certainly "suck".

That's not the problem. If you can do it then any entreprising WI student at the U can do it too. A student section with a lot of Badger fans in it would certainly "suck".

It does! I remember 2 years ago most of the students had left near the end of the game and there were more wisco students than our own. They started chanting and yelling at me, in our own student section! It was ridiculous.

I ordered them online with no problem. Go to the student ticket hub and select the game you want to buy from. Don't go via the main page. It will auto enter the promo code for you this way and you just go down and select student tickets. I ofund this to work. I know you can get them day of game given there are still tix available as well according to emails I have received.

You might have bought single game student tickets if you went through the student portal. Those tickets will require a U card. I was instructed to sign in to my account and then go through the single game ticket link. Do your tickets say "No ID required" on them?

You're probably fine, but I figured I'd mention it just in case you have the wrong ticket so you aren't angry later.

Yup. This confirms my belief that this is the first and last year they'll be doing this.

You might have bought single game student tickets if you went through the student portal. Those tickets will require a U card. I was instructed to sign in to my account and then go through the single game ticket link. Do your tickets say "No ID required" on them?

You're probably fine, but I figured I'd mention it just in case you have the wrong ticket so you aren't angry later.

That's what I was worried about when I looked into this. I just called them and asked about it. They just let me order over the phone. Got the tickets via e-mail immediately. It does say Student Guest Pass No ID Required on them. So all worked out.

Yup. This confirms my belief that this is the first and last year they'll be doing this.

This is no different than me just sending my friends a picture of my credit card and they all buy them using my card. WI fans can't just buy guest passes without knowing someone with a student season ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom