Has AK landed with a new team?

We play them in Rutgers next year, but then not again before AK's eligibility will be up.

If he wins the starting position it will be an interesting game for sure. The announcers will probably have a field day talking about it.

He'll do fine out there until one of the coaches yells at him. Perhaps the coaches out there know that they have to wear white gloves around him.

Of course. Duh.

No offense, but should have followed KC there in the first place. Likely loyalty to Fleck kept him here for 23.

KC recruited him, KC knows how to get him not to badly overthrow or throw balls into the dirt.

When he does well again at Rutgers, we’ll have proof that Harbaugh screwed up AK as badly as Sanford did Morgan.
Harbaugh didn’t screw him up. Harbaugh didn’t pick him as the qb for his system, KC picked him for his system, it’d be a knock on KC if AK didn’t perform better under his system.

We play them in Rutgers next year, but then not again before AK's eligibility will be up.

If he wins the starting position it will be an interesting game for sure. The announcers will probably have a field day talking about it.
Better than their last field day talking about a Gophers Qb

Worst case of the yips I can ever remember was Chuck Knoblauch trying to throw from second to first. A pro baseball player! That was crazy!
Twins had a catcher, whose name evades me, whose career ended when he couldn't throw the ball to the pitcher.

Nope.

Not at all surprised that you didn't read the lead up and just picked a spot late in the conversation to try to hop in and dunk.

The argument is over the fake take from SG that AK played "s__ty" in 2022 and therefore it can't be said that 2023 was a letdown. That's the fake stance he has tried to take.

I defeated it.

This is a completely fair and fine take. I dare even say it is reasonably accurate.

Not at all what the original claim was that started the chain of posts.

It's your fault for not going back to understand that.
Come off it, Citidiot. You didn't "defeat" anything, let alone an argument. Fact is, you have failed to defeat a room full of idiots, save for boxing in a guy easier to box than a Christmas sweater.

Harbaugh didn’t screw him up. Harbaugh didn’t pick him as the qb for his system, KC picked him for his system, it’d be a knock on KC if AK didn’t perform better under his system.
KC’s passing game is simpler. So it is possible he will do better in that simpler passing game. It will slow down for him. Not sure we will ever see though, because I predict he doesn’t ever start a game

As a person who would fit in the category outlined above, I was not offended and require no such apology. ;)
Of the 8,300 GH posters who just answered a poll of those fitting the described category, 99.7% agreed with you. The other 0.003% were undecided.

Come off it, Citidiot. You didn't "defeat" anything, let alone an argument. Fact is, you have failed to defeat a room full of idiots, save for boxing in a guy easier to box than a Christmas sweater.
It is an utterly amazing spectacle to read and watch.....

Twins had a catcher, whose name evades me, whose career ended when he couldn't throw the ball to the pitcher.
I believe you're thinking of Dave Engle - who was the brother-in-law of Tom Brunansky.

FWIW - Engle played 9 seasons in the big leagues. He played 5 different positions, with the most games at C, followed by RF, DH, 1B, LF and 3B. 18 of his career 26 errors were made at C.

As far as Kaliakmanis, I hope he figures it out. I know a lot of people who watched him in practice said he had real talent, but for some reason, it just didn't come out in games. whether that is on him or the coaching staff remains to be determined.

I know Jared Saltamacchia's career ended when he couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher...major yips

I’m pulling for the kid but Rutgers doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense at this point. Maybe it makes more sense down the road but the Roc connection doesn’t feel like it’s enough to make this a good fit.
Rutgers folks describe their QB situation a lot like ours was with AK.

I guess this could be a depth / project guy. AK could still develop but man missing guys right there, not seeing it, it was rough.

I believe you're thinking of Dave Engle - who was the brother-in-law of Tom Brunansky.

FWIW - Engle played 9 seasons in the big leagues. He played 5 different positions, with the most games at C, followed by RF, DH, 1B, LF and 3B. 18 of his career 26 errors were made at C.

Engle actually made the 1984 All-Star squad.

In the minors, he edged out a fella named Wade Boggs for an International League batting title

Engle had a glitch where he wouldn't throw it hard back to the pitcher. Other teams kept delay stealing on him and he couldn't stop throwing lollipop tosses back to the pitcher.

Might be thinking of Chuck Knobloch at shortstop or 2nd base. He had the "yips" something awful.

As far as Kaliakmanis, I hope he figures it out. I know a lot of people who watched him in practice said he had real talent, but for some reason, it just didn't come out in games. whether that is on him or the coaching staff remains to be determined.
PaaS guys say they’ve never seen a better “practice QB”. Made every throw.

But for some reason this year on Saturdays there were just too many bad throws, as we all know.

KC’s passing game is simpler. So it is possible he will do better in that simpler passing game. It will slow down for him. Not sure we will ever see though, because I predict he doesn’t ever start a game

I'm guessing he ends up starting over Wimsatt based on historical performance. Wimsatt might be viewed as a major bust over there. He was highly rated with some helmet school offers coming out of high school.

Might be thinking of Chuck Knobloch at shortstop or 2nd base. He had the "yips" something awful.
Knoblauch played only a few innings at SS, and more importantly never had any "yips" as a Twin.
He started having those issues well into his Yankee tenure.

Top Bottom