Has AK landed with a new team?

One plays for a good team with stats muted by a balanced offense and stats muted by blowouts. One plays for a bad

Annexstad wasn't bad for the Gophers. He was injured and lost his spot to Morgan. And while he's had success at ISU-r individually, ISU-r isn't exactly ripping to the MVFC.

I don't know Clark's story. Was he bad here? I don't even remember him. Most of the top FCS guys right now were recruited and developed at their FCS schools.
Couldn’t crack the lineup and transferred out and has done a nice job. Again, the windows are vastly different throwing the ball at the fcs level. I’d expect AK to be fine

Couldn’t crack the lineup and transferred out and has done a nice job. Again, the windows are vastly different throwing the ball at the fcs level. I’d expect AK to be fine
Clark IMO has just as much skill overall as AK: as did Annexstad. AK was the chosen one to take over from Morgan, which was unfortunate. We had other options and none could have been worse than AK and from watching how they all scurried ( Knuth included) out of here none likely felt they were going to be given an opportunity to compete for the job.

I follow the MVFC fairly closely and couldn't place the name. Clark plays for a bad Missouri State team and has appeared in five games over two seasons.

I follow the MVFC fairly closely and couldn't place the name. Clark plays for a bad Missouri State team and has appeared in five games over two seasons.
He played behind a good FCS QB last year and was the starter this year but hurt his left shoulder I believe and surgery ended his season early. He’s athletic but not enough tape yet to tell how consistently he throws it.

Clark IMO has just as much skill overall as AK: as did Annexstad. AK was the chosen one to take over from Morgan, which was unfortunate. We had other options and none could have been worse than AK and from watching how they all scurried ( Knuth included) out of here none likely felt they were going to be given an opportunity to compete for the job.
The way pj handled it was wrong. Agreed completely

As the season wore on, it looked more and more like AK had a case of the yips.

I remember the Illinois game where he missed the TE on a 4 yard dump by throwing it 200 mph and high. His reaction and body language were not good. The rest is history.

I played with a kid who was a helluva athlete and had a great arm. Except games. He would get so nervous that routine throws were anything but routine. You never knew where the hell the ball was going. Every pass was an adventure. By about mid-season I started telling him to screw perfect and just get it close. I'd take care of the rest. As if by some miracle, he started throwing much better balls when the pressure to make a perfect throw was reduced.
Worst case of the yips I can ever remember was Chuck Knoblauch trying to throw from second to first. A pro baseball player! That was crazy!

He's obviously off his meds and manic right now.
In all seriousness, do you really think it is acceptable to joke about this? Says some really sad stuff about you personally, if so. Probably a lot of GH readers (not necessarily posters) who have family members with actual, diagnosed mental disorders. Think you owe them an apology ...

No I came here to bring the truth...
By distorting his statistics to fit the narrative that you want to be true, just because you hate what his father posted on social media?

A beacon of truth, indeed.

No one who isn't a dishonest jagoff with a hateful agenda doesn't excuse him for his very first action in the middle of the game against NFL level defensive backs (ILL) and his very first start in an incredibly difficult environment (PSU).

Stats for Neb through Syracuse:
46-78 (59%) 687yd (8.8yd/att) 2TD 1int

Not a world-beater by any means, but laughably not anywhere close to "s__ty" or even bad.

That's the actual truth, for the portion of the 2022 season that is valid to judge him on. You are not a truthful person.

By distorting his statistics to fit the narrative that you want to be true, just because you hate what his father posted on social media?

No one who isn't a dishonest jagoff with a hateful agenda doesn't excuse him for his very first action in the middle of the game against NFL level defensive backs (ILL) and his very first start in an incredibly difficult environment (PSU).

Not a world-beater by any means, but laughably not anywhere close to "s__ty" or even bad.

That's the actual truth, for the portion of the 2022 season that is valid to judge him on. You are not a truthful person.
The irony of this post is funny

“Only the games that I say matter, matter…oh and by the way, you’re all distorting statistics!”
-MPLSGopher

Worst case of the yips I can ever remember was Chuck Knoblauch trying to throw from second to first. A pro baseball player! That was crazy!
That was totally nuts. Like the CPU got cooked and was spitting out gibberish nuts. This from a guy that was lights out his rookie year. One of the craziest things I've seen at the pro level.

I don't have an agenda, I was one of the people who thought AK would be a catalyst this year. Unlike you though I can see the forest from the trees. Notice, I never said he sucked in his first year, I said his numbers were not really all that good which was the argument you were having and distorting the truth to prove your agenda.

Let me clue you in on something that might help you not sound like a nimrod every time you post your tripe...nuance and context matters. AK played about as well as to be expected in the situation...but that doesn't mean he played well. It means he did ok and that is fine we all accepted that and gave him credit for doing well in those circumstances. The Wisconsin game and his limited play in the Syracuse game gave us something to latch onto, but it is not proof positive of anything except he put together 1+ games of good QB play. In the moment we can say "hey maybe what came before was all just getting up to speed and THIS is who he has the potential to be". Literally the same thing this town does whenever a backup QB comes in and does better than expected. People wanted the Vikings to sign Josh Friggin Dobbs because he lead the team to some rather improbably victories. How often on this board have we seen it? You have been around long enough to know exactly what I am talking about...

Fast forward to the present and you see that your argument holds no water anymore. The Wisconsin Game and partial game against Syracuse is obviously the exception that proves the rule. What we saw in the Penn State Game, the stats we saw for all of his games last year (including the WI and Syracuse Game) are pretty much in line with his play this year...because that is who he is. Everyone sees it except you. You keep hanging your hat on one data point like it proves some point and it doesn't except that you don't know how math works. You remind me of gamblers who made a bad bet once and won big so they keep trying to replicate that thinking it proves their system works...and wonder why they go broke. Then they make every excuse under the sun to try and prove they weren't wrong everything else screwed it up. You know, like how you changed your tune after Washington and Oregon joined the Big despite your guaranteeing it would never happen. Or how you call anything that disproves your narrative "clickbait" but then just post clickbait to prove your point...which is never right anyways. You are the living embodiment of projection and confirmation bias.

That was totally nuts. Like the CPU got cooked and was spitting out gibberish nuts. This from a guy that was lights out his rookie year. One of the craziest things I've seen at the pro level.
He was lights out for awhile before the yips showed up. He won the Golden Glove in 1997. He got too big for his britches and when he got traded to NY he realized he didn't have the mindset to be on a team like that. Happens all of the time though usually with pitchers when they go there.

College football is littered with cautionary tales of physically gifted athletes that never put it all together. Psychological, behavioral issues. Maybe they just don’t enjoy it, or love it as Mason says. Maybe they lack the discipline to commit to excellence. Maybe he‘s been hiding a bad rotator/elbow/wrist.

AK might thrive under some Jedi master coaching at a different program. Probably won’t, but I‘m a big believer in second and third chances.

College football is littered with cautionary tales of physically gifted athletes that never put it all together. Psychological, behavioral issues. Maybe they just don’t enjoy it, or love it as Mason says. Maybe they lack the discipline to commit to excellence. Maybe he‘s been hiding a bad rotator/elbow/wrist.

AK might thrive under some Jedi master coaching at a different program. Probably won’t, but I‘m a big believer in second and third chances.
I think it could, but the game needs to slow down for him. Which means a lower level of football.

He was lights out for awhile before the yips showed up. He won the Golden Glove in 1997. He got too big for his britches and when he got traded to NY he realized he didn't have the mindset to be on a team like that. Happens all of the time though usually with pitchers when they go there.
I have a friend who honestly believes Knoblach started taking steroids when he got to the Yankees and it affected his natural abilities. I don’t know if that’s what happened, but it is a plausible theory.

AK is who he is, sadly we all were disappointed by his performance in 2023. He broke our hearts like a kindergarten crush.

Clark was off to a great start this year as the starter before getting injured. AK has the physical gifts but just not a great feel for the game. He would show flashes but not consistently enough, many times he could’ve made positive plays with his running ability but didn’t.

I have a friend who honestly believes Knoblach started taking steroids when he got to the Yankees and it affected his natural abilities. I don’t know if that’s what happened, but it is a plausible theory.

Possible. Might have even started with the Twins he definitely bulked up a bit the year he hit .341 and had like 700000000 doubles. I used to love Chuck...

Just put him on ignore.
Like many others, I have him on ignore. I can totally understand why someone gets put on ignore based on posts in the off topic political board. However, it is actually quite a feat that anyone could be so annoying that one ends up on some many’s ignore list due to his posts on the sports message boards.

Last edited:

7-9 80 yards 152.4 rating vs Syracuse, in 3.5 drives.

ILL and PSU games are irrelevant.

Neb, NW, Iowa he played OK. Not at all "s___y". That's a lie by you, which is sad and pathetic.
lol. All games count. This is like people who say 2020 does not count against Flecks record.

In all seriousness, do you really think it is acceptable to joke about this? Says some really sad stuff about you personally, if so. Probably a lot of GH readers (not necessarily posters) who have family members with actual, diagnosed mental disorders. Think you owe them an apology ...
Who said I was joking?

Maybe they just don’t enjoy it, or love it as Mason says. Maybe they lack the discipline to commit to excellence. Maybe he‘s been hiding a bad rotator/elbow/wrist.
Maybe the new QB coach here ruined him? Would fit the M.O. of bad hires by PJ Fleck, unfortunately.

He would show flashes but not consistently enough
Like for example the first halfs against MSU and ILL. Then Fleck would shut it down (the passing game) with hyper-conservatism.

Exact same thing happened with 2022 Iowa, and literally cost us the game.

Last edited:

I never said he sucked in his first year, I said his numbers were not really all that good which was the argument you were having
Nope.

Not at all surprised that you didn't read the lead up and just picked a spot late in the conversation to try to hop in and dunk.

The argument is over the fake take from SG that AK played "s__ty" in 2022 and therefore it can't be said that 2023 was a letdown. That's the fake stance he has tried to take.

I defeated it.

AK played about as well as to be expected in the situation...but that doesn't mean he played well. It means he did ok and that is fine we all accepted that and gave him credit for doing well in those circumstances. The Wisconsin game and his limited play in the Syracuse game gave us something to latch onto, but it is not proof positive of anything except he put together 1+ games of good QB play.
This is a completely fair and fine take. I dare even say it is reasonably accurate.

Not at all what the original claim was that started the chain of posts.

It's your fault for not going back to understand that.

Who said I was joking?
Yeah I bet you'd be all fine and dandy with posting personal stuff if people were posting about your wife and/or daughter. :rolleyes:

Just another jagoff who isn't clever enough to stick to arguments and discussion about the team or college football. GH is full of them

Top Bottom