Has AK landed with a new team?

There’s no way to know this. Lots of guys look terrible at the P5 D1 level and light it up in the FCS. Totally different game speed and what they ask of you. Don’t think he’d start or play at SDSU or NDSU based on what they want their qb to do (AK is not a dual threat guy).
He probably wouldn’t start at Bemidji or Moorhead both those teams had QBs who could really sling it. If he doesn’t find a home soon, the music’s gonna stop and he’s gonna be left without a chair. I’m sticking with my southern Illinois prediction.

If you say he played well outside the Wisconsin game
7-9 80 yards 152.4 rating vs Syracuse, in 3.5 drives.

ILL and PSU games are irrelevant.

Neb, NW, Iowa he played OK. Not at all "s___y". That's a lie by you, which is sad and pathetic.

As the season wore on, it looked more and more like AK had a case of the yips.
He had a case of badly overthrowing or throwing into the dirt. Incredibly bad accuracy, at seemingly the worst possible times. (Not that there's ever a good time.)

Quite obvious that Harbaugh and Fleck had no idea how to fix it or what was going wrong. They washed their hands and now it is on to Max.

7-9 80 yards 152.4 rating vs Syracuse, in 3.5 drives.

ILL and PSU games are irrelevant.

Neb, NW, Iowa he played OK. Not at all "s___y". That's a lie by you, which is sad and pathetic.
How would you characterize his play this year? Because outside of the Wisconsin game it was the same or better this year

How would you characterize his play this year?
Worse than in 2022, easily. Which is the entire point and actual discussion.

Absurd and false to lump them together with the same label.

I do not have a problem using a negative label for his 2023 performance.

The entire point is that he played OK once he got out of Beaver Stadium, then played fantastic vs Wisconsin and in the bowl game to end the year. Therefore, was perfectly reasonable, normal, and indeed what most people did to assume that upward trajectory would be continued in 2023.

And thus a massive letdown for how he played.

How such a simple and obviously correct explanation is seen as an affront to the truth ... is just silly.

Boxed.

Weak ass coward response when boxed.

Per usual
You got me. I am boxed. AK is a great QB who was great in 2022. He was good in 2022 and any games he was bad in are irrelevant. Clearly Wisconsin 2022 is the norm and none of the other 2022 games where he was worse than 2023 are the norm.

Boxes!

Boxes all over the place.
Boxed. I said DT got 37 touches and Nubin got 3 showing what the coaches think.
This is also not relevant though and I am boxed again!
BYU also has a larger payout than Utah but that doesn’t matter because in 2011 they didn’t. Boxed again!

You’ve boxed me three times in one morning.

You’re boxing me in all day.
😂

I think he still might show progress. It just won’t be here. It’s such a hard position to play well!

Exactly.

Simply having a cannon for an arm might be enough to propel you to a high level of success in high school. Once you've reached the B1G level, it takes more than just athletic ability.

Exactly.

Simply having a cannon for an arm might be enough to propel you to a high level of success in high school. Once you've reached the B1G level, it takes more than just athletic ability.
But talent is so low that having a cannon for an arm and just enough accuracy to seem like it could get better ... WILL often get you a shot at B1G level ;)

other 2022 games where he was worse than 2023 are the norm.
Why are you so hell bent on lying about this?

PSU was the only bad game of 2022. And that is perfectly understandable why that's an exception.

No idea why you need to be so dishonest about this.

But talent is so low that having a cannon for an arm and just enough accuracy to seem like it could get better ... WILL often get you a shot at B1G level ;)

Yep.

And once you get your big break, your shot, you have to elevate your entire game.

As the season wore on, it looked more and more like AK had a case of the yips.

I remember the Illinois game where he missed the TE on a 4 yard dump by throwing it 200 mph and high. His reaction and body language were not good. The rest is history.

I played with a kid who was a helluva athlete and had a great arm. Except games. He would get so nervous that routine throws were anything but routine. You never knew where the hell the ball was going. Every pass was an adventure. By about mid-season I started telling him to screw perfect and just get it close. I'd take care of the rest. As if by some miracle, he started throwing much better balls when the pressure to make a perfect throw was reduced.
^^This times 100^^

We have all seen this (Mitch Leidner). His QB rating went down every year. He had some great opportunities, but often times missed the easy one. The guy left everything on the field, but lost his touch in his Sr. season.

Why are you so hell bent on lying about this?

PSU was the only bad game of 2022. And that is perfectly understandable why that's an exception.

No idea why you need to be so dishonest about this.

The only one being dishonest is you. You can literally go to Gophersports and see his numbers were not great in most games. WI and Syracuse were the only games he had a completion percentage over 54%. (unless you want to count Western Illinois when he was 3-3) The Nebraska game everyone loves to tout for him leading a comeback...he was 6/12 for 137 yards and 0 TDs. Against NW the next week he was a robust 7/13 for 64 yards and 0 TDs. Against Iowa 7/15 for 87 yards 1INT and 0 TDs. Leading up to the WI game (PSU, NEB, NW, Iowa) he was 29/62 for 463 yards 1 TD and 2 INTs. Those numbers are pretty friggin bad no matter how much you spin it.

You keep pretending that there was all this evidence he was going to be amazing and that the coaches somehow screwed it up. Except that this year almost exactly mirrors his numbers from last year except for 1 game against WI and part of a game against Syracuse. That you keep doubling down means you either suck at math, don't understand how stats work or are a troll. No matter, you don't look, sound or act as smart as you seem to think you are.

The only one being dishonest is you. You can literally go to Gophersports and see his numbers were not great in most games. WI and Syracuse were the only games he had a completion percentage over 54%. (unless you want to count Western Illinois when he was 3-3) The Nebraska game everyone loves to tout for him leading a comeback...he was 6/12 for 137 yards and 0 TDs. Against NW the next week he was a robust 7/13 for 64 yards and 0 TDs. Against Iowa 7/15 for 87 yards 1INT and 0 TDs. Leading up to the WI game (PSU, NEB, NW, Iowa) he was 29/62 for 463 yards 1 TD and 2 INTs. Those numbers are pretty friggin bad no matter how much you spin it.

You keep pretending that there was all this evidence he was going to be amazing and that the coaches somehow screwed it up. Except that this year almost exactly mirrors his numbers from last year except for 1 game against WI and part of a game against Syracuse. That you keep doubling down means you either suck at math, don't understand how stats work or are a troll. No matter, you don't look, sound or act as smart as you seem to think you are.
He seems to think facts are revisionist history. Why wasn’t I saying this last spring?

Well last spring we had a freshmen who played bad but then played really well the last 5 quarters of the season.
But fall 2022 I was against benching Morgan for AK because AK was bad.

He seems to think facts are revisionist history. Why wasn’t I saying this last spring?

Well last spring we had a freshmen who played bad but then played really well the last 5 quarters of the season.
But fall 2022 I was against benching Morgan for AK because AK was bad.
Just put him on ignore.

Leading up to the WI game (PSU, NEB, NW, Iowa) he was 29/62 for 463 yards 1 TD and 2 INTs. Those numbers are pretty friggin bad no matter how much you spin it.
No spin is needed.

The correct and honest analysis is:

ILL - no one holds it against him. First action in the middle of a game vs NFL defensive backs.
PSU - no one who is honest holds it against him. Terrible place to have a first start. This game accounts for at least 70% of the badness that you're dishonestly trying to bake into the stats.

Neb, NW - didn't play amazing, but did play well enough to win the game.
Iowa - really the exact same. Coaching decisions and a freak pop-up lost the game.

If we're being honest, you didn't come here to add any value to the discussion. You didn't .You came here to dunk. And the ball hit the rim. You fell over backwards on your head. Then Nelseon from the Simpsons pointed at you and said: Ha Ha!

No spin is needed.

The correct and honest analysis is:

ILL - no one holds it against him. First action in the middle of a game vs NFL defensive backs.
PSU - no one who is honest holds it against him. Terrible place to have a first start. This game accounts for at least 70% of the badness that you're dishonestly trying to bake into the stats.

Neb, NW - didn't play amazing, but did play well enough to win the game.
Iowa - really the exact same. Coaching decisions and a freak pop-up lost the game.

If we're being honest, you didn't come here to add any value to the discussion. You didn't .You came here to dunk. And the ball hit the rim. You fell over backwards on your head. Then Nelseon from the Simpsons pointed at you and said: Ha Ha!
No I came here to bring the truth...something you never do. When you can't argue the facts argue the person bringing them which is what you just did because the truth just spit-taked all over you. You have been wrong about pretty much everything you have said since they let you come back here and no matter how much you move the goalposts or lie or change the stats or just obfuscate to try and hide the truth everyone knows you have no friggin clue what you are talking about.

I don't have to dunk on you, anyone can do that because you are so completely misguided in every opinion you have that you couldn't see a fact if it fell on your face and used one of your alt accounts to tell you about itself. I came here to make sure that no matter how much you spam your bad ideas and try and change history the facts are there for people who actually like to have honest discussions.

TL;DR: Doogie is more trustworthy than you are. Shooter is more based in facts. You are a turtle that is stuck on its back flailing around.

There’s no way to know this. Lots of guys look terrible at the P5 D1 level and light it up in the FCS. Totally different game speed and what they ask of you. Don’t think he’d start or play at SDSU or NDSU based on what they want their qb to do (AK is not a dual threat guy).
Like who? Chris Streveler? He didn't look terrible at the FBS level - there was no sample. And he picked a school - USD - that wasn't and isn't (except for a few outlier seasons) any good. Theo Day? Same story.

The top of the MVFC is high level football. AK wouldn't play at NDSU or SDSU but because he isn't dual threat (SDSU has designed QB runs once, maybe twice a game), but because they have good quarterbacks. Mark Gronowski is an AA and should win the Walter Payton Award next week. Cam Miller is a baller (I thought he might test the portal - I'd prefer him to the NH QB at the U). If either of these two guys entered the portal, they'd be on teams and have a bit of walking around money too.

You got me. I am boxed. AK is a great QB who was great in 2022. He was good in 2022 and any games he was bad in are irrelevant. Clearly Wisconsin 2022 is the norm and none of the other 2022 games where he was worse than 2023 are the norm.

Boxes!

BYU also has a larger payout than Utah but that doesn’t matter because in 2011 they didn’t. Boxed again!

😂
See? Some honest reflection feels good, doesn't it?

No I came here to bring the truth...something you never do. When you can't argue the facts argue the person bringing them which is what you just did because the truth just spit-taked all over you. You have been wrong about pretty much everything you have said since they let you come back here and no matter how much you move the goalposts or lie or change the stats or just obfuscate to try and hide the truth everyone knows you have no friggin clue what you are talking about.

I don't have to dunk on you, anyone can do that because you are so completely misguided in every opinion you have that you couldn't see a fact if it fell on your face and used one of your alt accounts to tell you about itself. I came here to make sure that no matter how much you spam your bad ideas and try and change history the facts are there for people who actually like to have honest discussions.

TL;DR: Doogie is more trustworthy than you are. Shooter is more based in facts. You are a turtle that is stuck on its back flailing around.
I had to look up the definition of obfuscate. Good word. I must have missed that day in English class.

There is an FCS player on every NFL team's 53-man active roster for the second straight year.

It's kind of amazing that South Dakota State manages to field good sports teams with regional talent usually.

I'm curious about both Mark Gronowski and Max Brosmer both nominated for Walter Peyton Award.

Like who? Chris Streveler? He didn't look terrible at the FBS level - there was no sample. And he picked a school - USD - that wasn't and isn't (except for a few outlier seasons) any good. Theo Day? Same story.

The top of the MVFC is high level football. AK wouldn't play at NDSU or SDSU but because he isn't dual threat (SDSU has designed QB runs once, maybe twice a game), but because they have good quarterbacks. Mark Gronowski is an AA and should win the Walter Payton Award next week. Cam Miller is a baller (I thought he might test the portal - I'd prefer him to the NH QB at the U). If either of these two guys entered the portal, they'd be on teams and have a bit of walking around money too.
Just from the gophers, annexstad and clark. If you want to try say it’s failed evals, sure. But they didn’t start/continue to play for reason and it’s not because they’re just morons in picking talent to play

Cam miller isnt a big ten guy

Boxes!

😂
Boxing the clown is MG’s “profession”.

There is an FCS player on every NFL team's 53-man active roster for the second straight year.

It's kind of amazing that South Dakota State manages to field good sports teams with regional talent usually.

I'm curious about both Mark Gronowski and Max Brosmer both nominated for Walter Peyton Award.
One plays for a good team with stats muted by a run heavy offense and blowouts. One has big stats on a bad team.

One plays for a good team with stats muted by a balanced offense and stats muted by blowouts. One plays for a bad
Just from the gophers, annexstad and clark. If you want to try say it’s failed evals, sure. But they didn’t start/continue to play for reason and it’s not because they’re just morons in picking talent to play
Annexstad wasn't bad for the Gophers. He was injured and lost his spot to Morgan. And while he's had success at ISU-r individually, ISU-r isn't exactly ripping to the MVFC.

I don't know Clark's story. Was he bad here? I don't even remember him.

NDSU's may threeQBs are on NFL rosters. SDSU's last QB is on an NFL roster and their guy before him spent time on NFL rosters. Nothing about AK says he'll get a sniff at the NFL.

Most of the top FCS guys right now were recruited and developed at their FCS schools. AK isn't a good QB. He doesn't pass the eye test. My original premise was that MVFC has high quality QB play, particularly at the top. And nothing AK has shown indicates he has that ability.

Last edited:

Top Bottom