Harold Legania -- Had in house visit on Monday with Gophers

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------------
Texas Tech offers Legania

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 | Print Entry

Posted by Gerry Hamilton

Senior defensive tackle Harold Legania (New Orleans/Edna Karr) picked up another offer. Texas Tech is the latest to extend an offer to the 6-foot-3, 289-pound interior lineman.

The Red Raiders join Minnesota, Colorado, Virginia and Florida International as the main programs under consideration with the Buffaloes holding the edge.

Legania has December visits scheduled to Virginia and Florida International, but the visit to Charlottesville appears unlikely after head coach Al Groh was fired Nov. 30.

He had an in-home visit with Minnesota on Monday night, visited the Gophers on Sept. 11 and his teammate -- linebacker Dwayne Mitchell (New Orleans/Edna Karr) -- is committed to Minnesota. Two other teammates, quarterback Munchie Legaux (New Orleans/Edna Karr) and slot receiver Keenan Canty (New Orleans/Edna Karr), committed to Colorado on Nov. 6 after weekend visits.

Legania is unsure if he will make an official visit to Texas Tech.

By the looks of it, we are still in the running for at least 3 DT-Legania, Beau Allen, and Richard Ash. Does anyone have any info on how many we will take, and if any of these offers are "conditional" upon the decision of another?

By the looks of it, we are still in the running for at least 3 DT-Legania, Beau Allen, and Richard Ash. Does anyone have any info on how many we will take, and if any of these offers are "conditional" upon the decision of another?

Ash recently committed to West Virginia, according to Scout.

I had not seen that. ESPN has him to West Virginia as well. I thought we would get him,. Now we need Legania and/or Allen even more!

I like a great Dline and am always in support of more, but we have two already. I'm not sure we really need more. I'd only make room for a guy we really liked at this point. If we don't get one of these guys I'm not overly concerned. Only two guys can play at a time, you probably aren't going to rotate more than four, maybe five with depth. So two guys plus walk ons should be sufficient. Remember, these boys get bigger. Smaller guys with the right frame grow into DT's, and OL guys sometimes switch too. So bringing in two a class makes you quite deep.

Damn...I really wanted Ash :( I really liked the way he played.

I like a great Dline and am always in support of more, but we have two already. I'm not sure we really need more. I'd only make room for a guy we really liked at this point. If we don't get one of these guys I'm not overly concerned. Only two guys can play at a time, you probably aren't going to rotate more than four, maybe five with depth. So two guys plus walk ons should be sufficient. Remember, these boys get bigger. Smaller guys with the right frame grow into DT's, and OL guys sometimes switch too. So bringing in two a class makes you quite deep.

We're pretty thin at DT right now, after Edwards and Kirksey we really don't know who is going to step up.
DT for the next 2 years right now include: Edwards, Kirksey, Willis, Searcy, Jacques, and Tauaefa.
4 unknowns behind 2 juniors leaves alot of open spaces for redshirting and depth rotations.
At DE we have the same issue, with maybe more talent and less experience
DE: Jacobs, Wilhite, Garin, Hageman, KGM, maybe Josh Allen. I'm still hoping the speedy colorado kid commits

Dline is an impact position, a great Dline improves many parts of the team including run and pass defense, field position, 3rd down efficiency, and turnovers.
Load up with em, turn em loose and pile up the quarterbacks later.:D

We're pretty thin at DT right now, after Edwards and Kirksey we really don't know who is going to step up.
DT for the next 2 years right now include: Edwards, Kirksey, Willis, Searcy, Jacques, and Tauaefa.
4 unknowns behind 2 juniors leaves alot of open spaces for redshirting and depth rotations.
At DE we have the same issue, with maybe more talent and less experience
DE: Jacobs, Wilhite, Garin, Hageman, KGM, maybe Josh Allen. I'm still hoping the speedy colorado kid commits

Dline is an impact position, a great Dline improves many parts of the team including run and pass defense, field position, 3rd down efficiency, and turnovers.
Load up with em, turn em loose and pile up the quarterbacks later.:D

Does that really equate to thin though. Unproven depth I'll grant you. But those are pretty good numbers for two spots.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Texas Tech offers Legania

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 | Print Entry

Posted by Gerry Hamilton

Senior defensive tackle Harold Legania (New Orleans/Edna Karr) picked up another offer. Texas Tech is the latest to extend an offer to the 6-foot-3, 289-pound interior lineman.

The Red Raiders join Minnesota, Colorado, Virginia and Florida International as the main programs under consideration with the Buffaloes holding the edge.

Legania has December visits scheduled to Virginia and Florida International, but the visit to Charlottesville appears unlikely after head coach Al Groh was fired Nov. 30.

He had an in-home visit with Minnesota on Monday night, visited the Gophers on Sept. 11 and his teammate -- linebacker Dwayne Mitchell (New Orleans/Edna Karr) -- is committed to Minnesota. Two other teammates, quarterback Munchie Legaux (New Orleans/Edna Karr) and slot receiver Keenan Canty (New Orleans/Edna Karr), committed to Colorado on Nov. 6 after weekend visits.

Legania is unsure if he will make an official visit to Texas Tech.

Got to be a candidate for the all-name team

So the pattern says I can expect a commitment from Seantrel in the next day or two? ;)

Top Bottom