Harman: Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck thinks Michael Brown-Stephens can play in the NFL some day — and he can sing, too.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Hartman:

Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck thinks Michael Brown-Stephens can play in the NFL some day — and he can sing, too.

"He's gotten bigger, stronger, faster. He's matured at a rapid rate," Fleck said of the junior receiver from Springfield who was second among Golden Gophers with 23 catches for 392 yards last season.

"I think he's really developed into more of a well-rounded wide receiver than just a deep threat. Deep crossers, deep posts, go routes, and he has the opportunity and I think he has the potential one day to play the National Football League, especially with his speed."

Fleck also confirmed Brown-Stephens has some of the musical talent that has made his uncle, Springfield North grad John Legend, a multi-time Grammy winner.

"I don't know if it's John Legend talent, but he has talent," Fleck said with a smile. "He's a very gifted individual. He's got a great personality. He's really smart, intelligent. He's a great football player, but he's an better person, and I'm glad to have him on our team."

Go Gophers!!

PJ was politely grading the quality of the talent...not the source of the talent.
Yeah, PJ better stick to football. He probably would like my voice to, and I can't carry a tune.

Top Bottom