Harbaugh To NFL

Duluthguy

Reaction score
Multiple sources, including ESPN and Stanford, Michigan Rivals site report Harbaugh to the 49ers for 5 years, $25 million.

Makes sense. He doesn't even have to move.

Is it worth the effort for Kill to offer Anthony Hayes. The DT from St. Thomas that is a Stanford commit?

I've said it for years, but I'd much rather be an elite-level college football head coach than be in the pros. Pro HCs, even good ones, are disposable. Good college HCs are dictators with lifetime security. Stanford is not an elite job right now, but Harbaugh staying and building it in his image would make it into one. It's easy for me to say, but is the difference between $3 MM and $5 MM really that big of a deal? Silver-plated diapers will work just as well for the kids as gold-plated.

Michigan will still be able to hire Harbaugh in about 4 years or so when he's fired after SF goes 9-7.

Is it worth the effort for Kill to offer Anthony Hayes. The DT from St. Thomas that is a Stanford commit?

Absolutely. If I were Kill, I would've been in this kid's ear about staying home ever since Stanford made the Orange Bowl and the pants of every NFL GM with a job opening got tighter.

I've said it for years, but I'd much rather be an elite-level college football head coach than be in the pros. Pro HCs, even good ones, are disposable. Good college HCs are dictators with lifetime security. Stanford is not an elite job right now, but Harbaugh staying and building it in his image would make it into one. It's easy for me to say, but is the difference between $3 MM and $5 MM really that big of a deal? Silver-plated diapers will work just as well for the kids as gold-plated.

Michigan will still be able to hire Harbaugh in about 4 years or so when he's fired after SF goes 9-7.

Absolutely. If I were Kill, I would've been in this kid's ear about staying home ever since Stanford made the Orange Bowl and the pants of every NFL GM with a job opening got tighter.

Just depends what you like. Some prefer to be coaching at the highest level. Maybe he doesn't want to be recruiting all the time. NFL coaches can concentrate and gameplanning and such a lot more than college coaches because they don't have to worry about recruiting.

JH will never be hotter. Time to cash in. I doubt Stanford was willing to pay him 3M a year, but I could be wrong.

From what I've read, $3 MM is on the conservative side of what they were willing/able to do.

Well then I stand corrected. He made 1.25M this year, and Stanford is never broke the bank for anyone. Guess it is a moot point now.

That damn Maturi. Harbaugh was obviously ready to move.

Top Bottom