Harbaugh to coach America's team??

balds

Reaction score
According to the Dallas Morning News, he and Bill Cowhher are possible coaches for the Cowboys in 2011.

America's team? Dallas isn't America's Team, and never was, despite the label that they made for themselves. It's just that Texas doesn't quite seem to be aware that any place else exists.

Dallas prints their collective fantasies.

Always will be linked to NFL Vacancies

My belief is that Jim Harbaugh will be linked to many NFL job vacancies now and in the future. Thats why I haven't listed him as my choice for the Gophers job along with the fact that many prominant Collegiate programs will pursue him. He is a very hot candidate for NFL of College now.

I tend to see Harbaugh's future in the NFL. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him roaming the Vikings sidelines.

C'mon....who accepts the head coaching job with the Dallas Cowboys when you can coach the Golden Gophers?

C'mon....who accepts the head coaching job with the Dallas Cowboys when you can coach the Golden Gophers?
It's all in how you phrase the question. Who takes a job with Jerry Jones breathing down your neck, undermining your authority, meddling in personnel decisions and leaving a sword of Damocles constantly dangling over you when you can take a college job for very good money, excellent job security and far less pressure where you have full control of both your own destiny and program?

I still can't believe people actually think Harbaugh is a candidate for the Gophers. There is no way.

It's all in how you phrase the question. Who takes a job with Jerry Jones breathing down your neck, undermining your authority, meddling in personnel decisions and leaving a sword of Damocles constantly dangling over you when you can take a college job for very good money, excellent job security and far less pressure where you have full control of both your own destiny and program?

Thank you. Exactly. I am a huh-yooge Cowboys fan going all the way back to when I was a little kid watching Roger Staubach running around on TV, and I cannot stand Jerry Jones and his damn ego. He's the one wanting to run the whole show, and that's why he prefers a figurehead and puppet of a head coach like Wade Phillips, who will stand there with a blank and confused 'Huh?' look on his face at all times and never demands accountability from anyone, which has led to one of the softest Dallas Cowboys teams that I have ever seen. And that's also why Jerry refuses to hire a GM, because he thinks he's smart enough to make all the contractual and personnel and trade/transaction decisions, meanwhile giving out all these lavish contracts to players who are not even close to being worthy of that kind of money, and making bad trades, questionable draft picks, and on and on and on.

You'd think that getting beaten repeatedly over the head with a 2 X 4, eventually you're going to learn whatever lesson it is you need to learn. But Jerry just continues on as dumb and clueless and controlling and meddlesome as ever, and in the meantime his once proud franchise has won one playoff game in the last 15 years, and it's just pathetic. Jerry at this point is as bad an owner as Al Davis.

If Jerry brought Harbaugh in, he'd want to control him and run him like he does with Wade- and he could probably do that too, with Harbaugh being a young and first time NFL head coach.

I'd advise him to go elsewhere really. I certainly wouldn't recommend that anyone put up with that crap. What a blow to ones pride to be a puppet for a fool like Jerry Jones.

When Lovie Smith gets fired at the end of the season the Chicago Bears might make an offer to him as well...

Jimmy Johnson? Bill Parcells? They worked out ok.

I think a lot of people do it, actually. The negatives you list are certainly there, but my opinion is that there are still a few people who wouldn't mind taking the call.

Harbaugh is and never was a viable candidate. Unless he has some burning desire to coach in the Big 10 and beat Michigan's brains in, he can get a far better job then MN either in college or the pros.

As for not wanting to work for JerryWorld, no one could blame him. But he could just as easily get offers from Chicago, Denver, Jacksonville or numerous others.

Top Bottom