Happy with a 7 seed?

. ... holding out hope for a marquee match up at the barn or at the Xcel/target center

Me, too. Call me a fool, I'm probably getting suckered in, but the longer it takes for the U to announce the nonconference sked (last year it was released Aug. 4, and most years it's been released by now), the more I think they're holding out to make an announcement about a "big" neutral-site game at Target or X. It's quite unusual (and seemingly hush-hush) that we haven't heard anything by now, not even a leak to the media who it might be.

I'm thinkin' Nov. 12 or 13 at the X. The Wild are out of town Nov. 2-14. T-Wolves not at Target on Nov. 12-13, either.

Or more likely, I'm dreamin'.

Me, too. Call me a fool, I'm probably getting suckered in, but the longer it takes for the U to announce the nonconference sked (last year it was released Aug. 4, and most years it's been released by now), the more I think they're holding out to make an announcement about a "big" neutral-site game at Target or X. It's quite unusual (and seemingly hush-hush) that we haven't heard anything by now, not even a leak to the media who it might be.

I'm thinkin' Nov. 12 or 13 at the X. The Wild are out of town Nov. 2-14. T-Wolves not at Target on Nov. 12-13, either.

Or more likely, I'm dreamin'.

One of the articles a couple weeks ago said they were still working on the contract with one of the non-conference games. I would imagine a contract with a small program would be pretty quick and easy. A contract with a bigger school would likely have more details to work out. At least that's what I'm hoping...

Which Big time teams Schedules havent come out yet??

A stab in the dark: I'll say Mizzou, with return game in KC

I was able to confirm that it won't be Western Michigan (as Sid reported quite some time ago, as part of the Battle 4 Atlantis), so that's a good thing.

Here's my total stab in the dark. Mizzou's schedule hasn't been released, but to this point its early-season schedule is wide open. I'll say we play the Tigers (in a non-bracketed Battle 4 Atlantis game) on Nov. 12, 13 or 14 at the X or Target, with the return game in Kansas City in either 2013 or 2014.

In terms of non-majors, I'd have no objection to the Gophers playing Ohio this season. The Bobcats have a lot coming back from a Sweet 16 team.

I dont think it will be Mizzou. The Gophs might play them in Bahamas.

All say Murray State.

I do think this team will breakout. Not all programs have gradual climbs towards relevance and often one big year can snowball. I think expecting below a 4 seed for this team would be disappointing.

I dont think it will be Mizzou. The Gophs might play them in Bahamas.

Probably true, but I'm going on the assumption that at least it's a possibility because they're on opposite sides of the bracket, like last year when the Gophers hosted Fairfield (prior to the Old Spice) in a non-bracketed Old Spice game.

Murray State would be a nice addition to the schedule, for sure.

I think this team will be much better than a 7. This will be a good team.

A seven would be lower than what I am expecting this year. If we end up there or not making it, some bad stuff would have to happen this year. Pretty much like it has every other year. Need some good luck this year for a change.

For me it just depends on how we got to that #7 seed. Were we just up and down all season or did we struggle early on and are playing good ball going into the tournament? There's a big difference in my mind.

It may take awhile for Mbakwe to get back to his old self, so we may struggle a bit early on. If Mbakwe and everyone else stays healthy, I think we're good enough for a 3 or 4 seed.

For me it just depends on how we got to that #7 seed. Were we just up and down all season or did we struggle early on and are playing good ball going into the tournament? There's a big difference in my mind.

It may take awhile for Mbakwe to get back to his old self, so we may struggle a bit early on. If Mbakwe and everyone else stays healthy, I think we're good enough for a 3 or 4 seed.

Yeah, exactly. A 7 while rising after some early season struggles and leads to an Elite Eight berth is a lot different than a 7 after starting strong, fading, and bowing out in the first round. I don't really care what seed we get, just get some good, resume building wins, get into the tourney, and show out and go deep. If that happens from the 8 seed or from the 3 seed, whatever.

Bga already referenced this, but I am very hopeful that the Gophers can gain somewhere in the neighborhood of a 4-5 seed; if they end up with a seed from 7-12, not only are we sweating out Selection Sunday, but for recruiting, I think the Gophers need a strong overall season, full of positivity, to keep in the ballgame for the likes of Jones, Vaughn, et al. If it's a middling season, under the radar, with an exit in the NCAA tournament the first weekend, I just don't see much momentum building where blue chip recruits are eager to jump aboard. Considering that the Gophers should have the most complete and charismatic team, lead by two MN prep products and a dynamic lead guard, if it doesn't come together for something special or damn near special this year, I wonder if Tubby will ever get the Gophers over the hump.

Top Bottom