Happy Tubby quote

Reaction score
Anybody else hear the BTN guy say something like "I talked to Tubby before the game, and he told me he's the happiest he's been since coaching at Tulsa"

We all knew he was having fun, but more fun than at GA or the national title year? Interesting...

I heard that too and then breathed a sigh of relief...

Tubby must not have had fun at Kentucky because of the pressure and the high expectations. If he won, that's what they expected, if he lost he was criticized. At Minnesota, if he loses some we still love him and support because its ten times better than what we're used to. Great to see that he loves it hear! We are lucky to have him.

Tubby must not have had fun at Kentucky because of the pressure and the high expectations. If he won, that's what they expected, if he lost he was criticized. At Minnesota, if he loses some we still love him and support because its ten times better than what we're used to. Great to see that he loves it hear! We are lucky to have him.

Let me put it this way.

Midway through the 1997-98 season (UK finished 35-4 as NCAA champs), a UK "fan" opined on Tubby's call-in radio show that "UK is the worst 22-4 team in the nation." Tubby was speechless.

I am glad Tubby is happy here -- he kind of came into a very good situation and the fans have treated him well. Even after a tough loss I think people are pretty supportive and that goes a long ways. People were pretty good to Dutcher/Haskins/Monson even under extreme adversity.

I am starting to wonder if Tubby will end up retiring here and setting up his son to coach here after he leaves like Bobby Knight did at Texas Tech.

he's the happiest he's been since coaching at Tulsa

So it sounds like we don't have to worry unless the coaching job at tulsa opens up...

I am glad Tubby is happy here -- he kind of came into a very good situation and the fans have treated him well. Even after a tough loss I think people are pretty supportive and that goes a long ways. People were pretty good to Dutcher/Haskins/Monson even under extreme adversity.

I am starting to wonder if Tubby will end up retiring here and setting up his son to coach here after he leaves like Bobby Knight did at Texas Tech.

I just hope that Saul does a better job if it does get to that than Knights son has so far.

Top Bottom