Happy Thanksgiving -- From WKRP

I am having a hard time of coming up with anything funnier than that on a network sitcom. Mary Tyler Moore when Chuckles bit the dust, maybe, but it's a short list.

Yeah, as good as it gets.

I am having a hard time of coming up with anything funnier than that on a network sitcom. Mary Tyler Moore when Chuckles bit the dust, maybe, but it's a short list.

Barney Fife continually locking himself in a jail cell was very funny. Also Cheers inept attempts to pull one over on Gary's Old Town Tavern pretty unforgettable.

Barney Fife continually locking himself in a jail cell was very funny. Also Cheers inept attempts to pull one over on Gary's Old Town Tavern pretty unforgettable.
Cheers was a gold standard comedy. I loved the rivalry with Gary's, especially the one with Wade Boggs. When I was trying to come up with funny moments, top ones that came to mind were:

- Cliff's Final Jeopardy answer
- Kevin McHale hurting himself then getting sucked in to counting the bolts on the famed parquet floor
- Mayday's attempt as a sports anchor with Rappin' Sammy (Groin Injury)

This one goes out to Corky.

My Runner-up for WKRP moment was Les pronouncing Chi Chi Rodriguez' name.

Mr Rodrahgueeze

Last edited:

Cheers was a gold standard comedy. I loved the rivalry with Gary's, especially the one with Wade Boggs. When I was trying to come up with funny moments, top ones that came to mind were:

- Cliff's Final Jeopardy answer
- Kevin McHale hurting himself then getting sucked in to counting the bolts on the famed parquet floor
- Mayday's attempt as a sports anchor with Rappin' Sammy (Groin Injury)

This one goes out to Corky.

My Runner-up for WKRP moment was Les pronouncing Chi Chi Rodriguez' name.

Mr Rodrahgueeze

Oh yeah, cliff on jeopardy was an alltimer. Another of my faves was cliff and the electric charger, linked below.

I argue with my son's regarding best comedy series. They choose seinfeld or office, but for me it's cheers because the cheers characters and stories were closer to reality.

I watched part of the episode when the State trooper conducts the sobriety test with the good Dr. On air and his reactions improve the more he drinks thus flummoxing the trooper and repudiating his don’t drink and drive message -beyond hilarious

Last edited:

Top Bottom