Happy New Year!

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
It's been a tough year for a lot of us and I hope everyone has a great 2021. As strange as this year has been, we still have some important constants in our lives: college football; college basketball; we can still find things to argue about; and most importantly. . . Iowa, Wisconsin, and Brad Davidson still suck.

Happy New Year everyone!

Edited: I had to fix Brad Davidson's name.

Happy New Year! Hoping for better results for football, basketball, etc. and more wins this year.

Happy New Year, GHers! We may not always agree, but we're all in this together, lol!

Yes Happy New Year to all! Going to be a bit of goofy year as well this coming year. Covid is going to hang around, vaccine is slow to get here to be used. Hopefully by fall will have a semi normal environment whatever that means. Thinking though that football will be played like normal.

Hoping for a healthier and more joy filled 2021 with many Gopher victories !

We can’t control how well the Gophers do in 2021, but we are the biggest determining factor in how successful 2021 is for each of us. Let’s get ‘er done!
Have a great year guys!

Hoping like hell for a normal State Fair, tailgating, and Gopher home games in 2021!!!!

Yes Happy New Year to all! Going to be a bit of goofy year as well this coming year. Covid is going to hang around, vaccine is slow to get here to be used. Hopefully by fall will have a semi normal environment whatever that means. Thinking though that football will be played like normal.

Bingo. I have to laugh at all the people talking about "2021" as if flipping a page on the calendar is going to change everything.

Most of what made 2020 a crazy year has to do with covid. And covid is not going away until - according to the doctors - the population gets to about 70% level of vaccination. Most medical people are saying that will be late Spring or early Summer.

So the sports world will still be dealing with covid for several months. I suspect baseball starts the year with either no fans or depending on the location, limited fans. Likewise with soccer.

As #2 said, we have to hope that by Fall, things will be improved to the point where college FB has fans in the stands - and games are not being called off right and left. Same for HS sports and the Amateur Baseball season.

And - beyond sports - hope that most of the restrictions are lifted on bars and restaurants, so they can put people back to work and make some money.

Bingo. I have to laugh at all the people talking about "2021" as if flipping a page on the calendar is going to change everything.

Most of what made 2020 a crazy year has to do with covid. And covid is not going away until - according to the doctors - the population gets to about 70% level of vaccination. Most medical people are saying that will be late Spring or early Summer.

So the sports world will still be dealing with covid for several months. I suspect baseball starts the year with either no fans or depending on the location, limited fans. Likewise with soccer.

As #2 said, we have to hope that by Fall, things will be improved to the point where college FB has fans in the stands - and games are not being called off right and left. Same for HS sports and the Amateur Baseball season.

And - beyond sports - hope that most of the restrictions are lifted on bars and restaurants, so they can put people back to work and make some money.
New covid cases don't need to reach 0.00% before the world/economy opens back up for normal gathering.

Covid passports will see to that. If you're selfish enough to refuse a vaccine, and you've never been infected, then you won't be allowed to participate in the gatherings. Simple as that

Top Bottom