Hail Mary: Judge to decide if blown call in Oklahoma HS football game merits do-over

I like how they immediately shift it from a stupid little sports debate to a racial debate.

I like how they immediately shift it from a stupid little sports debate to a racial debate.

The host tried to make it about race and to his credit Dietl shot it down instantly and didn't let her make it into a whole different issue the way she was trying to in the video.

I feel bad for the kids that were on the wrong side of the mistake but this is a slippery slope I really hope we don't go down because it could make things really messy if game decisions are being decided by the courts. They are already holding up the state tournament for this one, if Frederick Douglas wins then it will open the door for future challenges to game results. Plus there is the issue of where do you draw the line, what if the mistake was made in the 1st quarter as opposed to the last minute of the game? Do we see teams heading to court over a blown call by an official? The human element is what it is in sports, it sucks when a mistake gets made but I would hate to see us start getting courts involved over these issues.

This whole thing made me chuckle. Especially the host

This whole thing made me chuckle. Especially the host

Shower little Billy and Sally with positive affirmations the first 17-years of their life and the second they feel wronged, litigate! Gotta love fox news.

Probably more of an off topic thread but entertaining none the less. Wouldn't have seen it anyways if it was in the OT forum.

My favorite part was when she argues the outcome of a HS football game is somehow more significant than the Super Bowl because they are kids and not paid professionals. Not like millions of dollars are at stake or anything.

This has happened in College games before and not replayed. Having not read the story, when did they finally discover the mistake?

This has happened in College games before and not replayed. Having not read the story, when did they finally discover the mistake?

Not familiar with all the details but pretty sure no one figured it out until well after the game was completed. Definitely was no protest during the game itself and the coaches went along with the refs call so clearly they did not understand that the rule had been enforced wrong at the time.

Top Bottom