Had to post this

Some Day...Is Coming!

Some Day...Maybe?
Reaction score
A guy I grew up with has a young daughter with epilepsy. I know there have been many posts regarding this topic, but this one really hit close to home. The mods can move it to another thread, but I just wanted as many Gopherholers as possible to see this. This is a post on facebook from my buddies wife.

"Many of you know I usually comment about food or hockey, but in light of a few ignorant writers (Souhan and now a writer in Indy), their idiotic comments about Coach Kill, I can no longer keep my mouth closed. I am not as articulate as my better half, but I am PASSIONATE about the topic, and right now, I am down right PISSED! What happened to the idea of thinking before you speak, or better yet, make sure you are educated before sharing with others. Miss Madison has always been a tough cookie and has never been ashamed of having Epilepsy, after hearing what was said about coach, she was afraid for the first time of what her classmates or teachers would think if she had a seizure. It made me cry, then I wanted to smack said idiots around. The best thing is to make sure we are educating people about Epilepsy!
But don't get me wrong, the feeling to smack a few heads, is still there."

My buddy lives in Minneapolis with his family. Here is a real life example of how the Minneapolis Star-Tribune is affecting children in this community by allowing idiots to continue to write for their newspaper.

A guy I grew up with has a young daughter with epilepsy. I know there have been many posts regarding this topic, but this one really hit close to home. The mods can move it to another thread, but I just wanted as many Gopherholers as possible to see this. This is a post on facebook from my buddies wife.

"Many of you know I usually comment about food or hockey, but in light of a few ignorant writers (Souhan and now a writer in Indy), their idiotic comments about Coach Kill, I can no longer keep my mouth closed. I am not as articulate as my better half, but I am PASSIONATE about the topic, and right now, I am down right PISSED! What happened to the idea of thinking before you speak, or better yet, make sure you are educated before sharing with others. Miss Madison has always been a tough cookie and has never been ashamed of having Epilepsy, after hearing what was said about coach, she was afraid for the first time of what her classmates or teachers would think if she had a seizure. It made me cry, then I wanted to smack said idiots around. The best thing is to make sure we are educating people about Epilepsy!

My buddy lives in Minneapolis with his family. Here is a real life example of how the Minneapolis Star-Tribune is affecting children in this community by allowing idiots to continue to write for their newspaper.

Excellent post...thanks for sharing. By the way, how fast does your buddy run the 40? Might be able to use him on D:cool:

The sports media has tried to legitimize the main point of Souhan's article, that Kill's condition and his ability to remain coach is a fair question to ask. I feel that any such discussion should be very private, and the public has little input, outside of the ultimate success of the Gopher program. Some have said that we as Gopher fans are overreacting, protecting our own in Coach Kill. Dan Barreiro has made several comments, and I do not find them to be overly offensive. However, he has stated that people are incorrectly trying to make it a human rights issue.

This is where the sports media has it wrong. It is a human rights issue. This exemplifies exactly how it is. People with epilepsy ought to be able to make career choices without public discourse, so long as they are able to fulfill job functions with reasonable accommodations. If Coach Kill has to miss some games, and the program is successful, so be it. No person with epilepsy should have to worry about the public's reaction when they have a seizure. People may not be comfortable with it - and I get that. However, their discomfort should not dictate the epileptic's life. That is not fair, nor is it humane.

Email this to Souhan.

Excellent post. Thanks for sharing.

You might ask your friend's wife to read our thread in support of coach Kill.

Top Bottom