Guys with rushing stats on the official roster

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
I excluded QBs (Clark, Athan, etc) and guys I believe to be injured (Aune) and guys we know about LeCaptain, walk-on RBs, etc.

#0 Walley rushed 106 times for 1,005 yards and 19 touchdowns

#1 Calvin Swenson rushed for 275 yards and three touchdowns

#2 Philip Howard Jr rushed 66 times for 426 yards and six scores (possibly all as a QB)

#6 Myles Fleming 1,701 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns (possibly all as a QB)

#7 Solomon Brown 336 rushing yards and two offensive touchdowns in his high school career

#8 Thomas Rush as a junior, rushed 261 times for 1,400 yards and 12 touchdowns

#13 DJ Gordon IV rushed seven times for 31 yards

#22 MBS added 39 rushing attempts for 268 yards

#23 Dylan McGill 936 yards and 12 touchdowns (possibly all as a QB)

#27 Quentin Redding rushed 43 times for 281 yards and four touchdown

#45 Cody Lindenberg as a senior 150 rushing yards

#82 Jonathan Mann rushed for 1,046 yards and 12 touchdowns

#92 Danny Striggow as a senior added 468 rushing yards, five rushing touchdowns

Two most random things I read both involve kickers:
Brock Walker was a first team all-state DB

Matthew Trickett was the starting center back for the #1 ranked soccer team on the nation

FWIW I’m giving carries to Rush, Walley and Mann—in that order.

Thanks for the work UpAndUnder! Phil Howard played QB and WR for Cooper. I think Fleming was exclusively a QB/WR and McGill just a QB.

#14 Braelen Oliver 25 carries 231 yards 4 touchdowns

#27 Tyler Nubin 109 carries 600 yards and 12 touchdowns (as QB)

#42 Ko Kieft 470 rushing yards & 11 touchdowns (as QB)

I'd take Walley over Rush as he was just playing running back last year and Rush is up to 250 (would be awesome to see)

I assume most of Mann’s carries were also as a qb/wr?

Thanks for the work UpAndUnder! Phil Howard played QB and WR for Cooper. I think Fleming was exclusively a QB/WR and McGill just a QB.

#14 Braelen Oliver 25 carries 231 yards 4 touchdowns

#27 Tyler Nubin 109 carries 600 yards and 12 touchdowns (as QB)

#42 Ko Kieft 470 rushing yards & 11 touchdowns (as QB)

I'd take Walley over Rush as he was just playing running back last year and Rush is up to 250 (would be awesome to see)
I knew id miss some.

Walley is too valuable to the defense. Rush is solid but not our best.

I knew id miss some.

Walley is too valuable to the defense. Rush is solid but not our best.
💯 If it wasn't a zero sum game I'd like to see Walley -- but you're right that Rush would be less impactful to the rest of the team.

💯 If it wasn't a zero sum game I'd like to see Walley -- but you're right that Rush would be less impactful to the rest of the team.
I suppose Mann would be least impactful as I don’t think he has played at all. Striggow intrigues me because he is huge

I thought people were saying Dino is the other secret back?

I want to see Dino, but per his bio no rushing stats. Maybe just not listed. I truly don’t know.
Without looking anything up - I was thinking McGill would be next most logical (if he had any RB experience), but really am falling in love with the LeCaptain idea as our change of pace guy.

I want to see Dino, but per his bio no rushing stats. Maybe just not listed. I truly don’t know.
That is what Burns said last week but I looked up his stats then and maxpreps just had receiving yardage.

And now you know how Texas A&Ms twelfth man tradition got started

FWIW I’m giving carries to Rush, Walley and Mann—in that order.
So, which ones are you willing to lose to the football gods' hatred of Gopher ball-carriers...? Rush and Walley are way too important to lose, I'm thinkin'.

I'm more than happy to see PJ trot out LeCaptain for some significant carries. If the Gophers need to use Kramer, Kendall Moore or even Dino Kaliakmanis, I'm good with them, too.

So, which ones are you willing to lose to the football gods' hatred of Gopher ball-carriers...? Rush and Walley are way too important to lose, I'm thinkin'.

I'm more than happy to see PJ trot out LeCaptain for some significant carries. If the Gophers need to use Kramer, Kendall Moore or even Dino Kaliakmanis, I'm good with them, too.
Walley could be our next great DB, but I have a funny feeling if they ever put him in at RB he would be just explosive - and may never see the DB position ever again. While it's true our RB position has been hit hard with injuries, it's probably the easiest position to fill with others on the team. As others on this thread have suggested, you could easily have several others transfer over if needed.

I guess we should know after this week. I might lay an online bet that these guys get a combined 0 carries.

I’m thinking Cap and Kaliakmanis will get the 5-6 carries that Thomas and Irving do not. Kramer gets the balance.

I don’t think you’ll see much experimentation after the Illini game.

Agree with those saying you can't rob Peter to pay Paul. No way you take Walley or Rush off a defense playing as lights out as they are. LeCaptain is the perfect 3rd stringer right now. Use Dino or the walk-on as your emergency guy. Maybe give Walley a jet sweep or reverse like we saw in the Spring game, but that's it.

I'm satisfied with LeCaptain at RB fits neatly into the RTB meme and also reminds me the grand funk tune
That seems obvious to me. 6-2, 235. Much success and experience as a RB. Seems like he could handle a few (especially short-yardage situation) carries a game. And he has already demonstrated the skill here. Not sure why so many posters ignore his potential. What am I missing?

That was implied in the disclaimer I posted in post #1.
I saw that, but it appeared as though you were listing just players you thought ought to be considered for the sorta open RB position. LaCaptains HS stats would have looked impressive in that list.

Pretty sure Dino was a kick returner as well as a receiver in high school.

One name not mentioned here was Devon Williams. Bio just says he played RB and LB but doesn't list any stats.

Jonathan Mann would be intriguing although I think a big reason he ended up at WR in high school was due to a lack of ball security. Put it this way, if they could have put him at QB they would have but they were afraid he would cough up the ball too much. If he has that worked out the kid is a heck of an athlete.

Doubt they would want to pull someone like Rush or Walley away from the defense

Fleming and McGill seem like they could be options potentially.

All told, I am sure they will try and get by with some combination of Bucko, Thomas, LeCaptain and Moore (W/O RB). But if we can get up big maybe they toss someone back there to get some carries and see what they can do.

LeCaptain behind our starting O-Line is an interesting proposition. Big strong dude, if he gets a chance to build up a head of steam....Would be interesting to see him get some additional carries in order to figure out how realistic an option he really is to get into the mix.

I excluded QBs (Clark, Athan, etc) and guys I believe to be injured (Aune) and guys we know about LeCaptain, walk-on RBs, etc.

#0 Walley rushed 106 times for 1,005 yards and 19 touchdowns

#1 Calvin Swenson rushed for 275 yards and three touchdowns

#2 Philip Howard Jr rushed 66 times for 426 yards and six scores (possibly all as a QB)

#6 Myles Fleming 1,701 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns (possibly all as a QB)

#7 Solomon Brown 336 rushing yards and two offensive touchdowns in his high school career

#8 Thomas Rush as a junior, rushed 261 times for 1,400 yards and 12 touchdowns

#13 DJ Gordon IV rushed seven times for 31 yards

#22 MBS added 39 rushing attempts for 268 yards

#23 Dylan McGill 936 yards and 12 touchdowns (possibly all as a QB)

#27 Quentin Redding rushed 43 times for 281 yards and four touchdown

#45 Cody Lindenberg as a senior 150 rushing yards

#82 Jonathan Mann rushed for 1,046 yards and 12 touchdowns

#92 Danny Striggow as a senior added 468 rushing yards, five rushing touchdowns

Two most random things I read both involve kickers:
Brock Walker was a first team all-state DB

Matthew Trickett was the starting center back for the #1 ranked soccer team on the nation
Great post. Hopefully, we won't need the Pop Warner stats too.

Top Bottom