Guys chill out

Ncblueblood

Reaction score
they looked just as most team would that just recently lost a floor leader. Give them time to practice with a new point they'll be alright.

they looked just as most team would that just recently lost a floor leader. Give them time to practice with a new point they'll be alright.

That would be a great excuse if that same "floor leader" hadn't been out most of last season, and wasn't necessarily a guarantee to play this season. Wish it were that simple.

That would be a great excuse if that same "floor leader" hadn't been out most of last season, and wasn't necessarily a guarantee to play this season. Wish it were that simple.

We played really strong last year when he went out right away too... oh wait.

Knock it off. Almost all commentors here on GopherHole bragged about how good we were, how we will be 12-0 going into the Big Ten Season, how tough we will be come that Big Ten Season and let the team's success go to our heads. It isn't the team that doesn't know how to handle success, it is the fans. The guys read our braggart comments and believe us, hence we failed them. Yes, maybe this loss will hurt our National Rankings for the time being, but in the long run this loss helps Tubby Smith get them back on track. Let's relax, have a beer, and let Tubby do his job. Smack talk and bragging hurts more than it helps.

We played really strong last year when he went out right away too... oh wait.

What's your point? The point is that we definitely had zero excuse not to be prepared for Nolen being out of the lineup. Moreover, we had what, 6 days between his injury and today's game? This is a bad excuse. Virginia had nothing but 3-point and FT shooters. That's so easy to defend it's pathetic.

What's your point? The point is that we definitely had zero excuse not to be prepared for Nolen being out of the lineup. Moreover, we had what, 6 days between his injury and today's game? This is a bad excuse. Virginia had nothing but 3-point and FT shooters. That's so easy to defend it's pathetic.

Again you keep proving you really know nothing.

Mike Scott is their biggest offensive threat, and Farrakhan played the game of his life. So I can assume you've never watched Virginia other than this game. The have shot open 3's all year and missed much much more often than not besides Harris. 6 days with no game experience either... not that that would even matter because practice 100% guarantees a team will adjust to changes. Especially when that change is removing a guy who could have been the MVP at the PR tourney. Please keep going.

I was pulling hard for you guys, but Nolan missing was not an excuse to lose to a team on your home floor that lost to Washington by 40 and to a poor Stanford team by 20.

I think that the first part of the game was too easy for Minnesota, and they did not come to play in the second half. By the time the game was in doubt, it was too late to turn it back on.

Bummer for the Big Ten. Need the favorites to win now and an upset somewhere on the road now.

I am not dumping on Minnesota because UNC could do the same thing to Illinois tomorrow night. Hope not, though

Again you keep proving you really know nothing.

Mike Scott is their biggest offensive threat, and Farrakhan played the game of his life. So I can assume you've never watched Virginia other than this game. The have shot open 3's all year and missed much much more often than not besides Harris. 6 days with no game experience either... not that that would even matter because practice 100% guarantees a team will adjust to changes. Especially when that change is removing a guy who could have been the MVP at the PR tourney. Please keep going.

Please keep making bad excuses. Your insinuation that the gameplan SHOULD be to give them open 3's because, well, they didn't hit every open 3 they took in previous games! is hysterical. It's obvious you don't know much about defensive basketball.

I was pulling hard for you guys, but Nolan missing was not an excuse to lose to a team on your home floor that lost to Washington by 40 and to a poor Stanford team by 20.

I think that the first part of the game was too easy for Minnesota, and they did not come to play in the second half. By the time the game was in doubt, it was too late to turn it back on.

Bummer for the Big Ten. Need the favorites to win now and an upset somewhere on the road now.

I am not dumping on Minnesota because UNC could do the same thing to Illinois tomorrow night. Hope not, though

+1,000 EXACTLY

People keep saying "oh i guess we suck" no, the effort just disappeared. They got a big lead and packed it in. I am sure Blake is tired (been playing LOTS of minutes), Devoe is tired (First real game in months), everyone is tired. Built a big lead on a team they knew was bad and just packed it in. They will realize, now, that you can;t do that and come out strong against Cornell. Let's stop acting like the sky is falling and realize that one loss does NOT define a season. STOP acting like it does. If the Gophers only loss is this game, will they REALLY get left out of the tournament???? No. It is a long season and with Purdue losing to Richmond, Wisconsin losing twice, MSU losing, everyone has shown they are capable of losing. Gophers have a chance against everyone in the Big Ten. Seriously folks, calm down.

This isn't the place for logic or reason.

ROTFLMAO!!! This is my favorite comment of the night. :clap:

Though I will say if you didn't see this loss coming in the closing minutes of the first half, you weren't paying attention. This team will adjust and when Nolen & Williams return healthy, they will be better than ever. Still excited about this team and could care less about the rankings/polls prior to tourney time.

This isn't the place for logic or reason.

Are you insinuating that most GopherHolers speak with logic or reason? I feel so many comments are both illogical and unreasonable. Hence, I just drink beer and laugh. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Virginia shot lights out. What were they from the line, 16 for 19 or something. There were 5 players on the floor that tightened up and did not play well in the last 10 minutes. Joseph gets the wrath because it was his first game and it must be his fault. No one played well late in the game.

Top Bottom