Guy Landry to visit Gophers

Well...

We know he can jump and dunk. Anything else? Strikes me as a guy who would spend a lot of time standing on the perimeter wondering why the opposing team isn't just letting him dunk. I hope he comes here and I eat my words.

actually you dont see it much but he has a pretty nice shot. idk if hes really a need though. wish we could trade guy for him. wont mention any names

Landry>Armelin/Hollins??

Not sure where he fits.

id say better than both skill wise. but hollins and armelin have loads of potential

From Marcus:

"Landry's official visits scheduled right now are Minnesota, Wichita St, Tennessee, Michigan St and UTEP. He said he wants to take them all."

"Landry's excited about being recruited by Tubby. He said MN is a "nationally known" program. Says he's scheduled to visit here next week."

"I asked Landry what position he would play. He said he's best spot is wing. But he can also play shooting guard or power forward on defense."

"Surprised Landry said he could play PF. He's listed at 6-5, 210. But Landry told me he's 6-6, 220. He's got hops and strength. Maybe he can."

Go Gophers!!

Paris, France

2009-2010 Midland stats: 9.2 points. 3.9 rebounds, free throw: 60%; three pointers: 40%
http://njcaa.org/colleges_college_p...y=Roster&slid=2&teamid=94609&athleteid=279489

2010-2011 Midland stats: 9.4 points; 5.9 rebounds; free throws: 61%; three pointers: 40%
http://njcaa.org/colleges_college_p...=Roster&slid=2&teamid=106513&athleteid=279489

Hometown: Paris, France
Highschool: Van Nuys High School
Height: 6'5
Position: guard

He can't be too bad if he is also getting a visit to East Lansing. Can we have too many 6'5" guards that hit 40% of their threes?

I like the looks of him.. never can have enough gaurds and who knows maybe Tubby will decide to play small ball and trap alot

Sounds like somebody else is leaving or he will play the 3 position.

You don't like "mature" players? :)

I am not the CPA around here but I believe he will turn 23 this December.

Mature is great... but... yes, 23 this year sounds about right...I think he was old to begin with when he got here.. then prepped an additional year at the bball factory Stoneridge..

French dude with the name Edi.. reminds me too much of a frenchie with the name Ebi.

I can't add video links from my BB but if I could, it would be from Caddyshack with Spaulding in the pool:

"D-O-O-D-I-E!!!!"

I was particularly impressed that he was wearing jersey #69 during one part of the highlight video-that number's usually reserved for the fat guy in a softball beer league.

From Marcus:

"Landry's official visits scheduled right now are Minnesota, Wichita St, Tennessee, Michigan St and UTEP. He said he wants to take them all."

"Landry's excited about being recruited by Tubby. He said MN is a "nationally known" program. Says he's scheduled to visit here next week."

"I asked Landry what position he would play. He said he's best spot is wing. But he can also play shooting guard or power forward on defense."

"Surprised Landry said he could play PF. He's listed at 6-5, 210. But Landry told me he's 6-6, 220. He's got hops and strength. Maybe he can."

Go Gophers!!

6'6, 220, can jump out of the gym and hits 40% of his three point attempts...yeah, why would we want him on our team.

18 points 8 rebounds per game...
I def like the look of this guy, looks like rodney but bigger, stronger, with quicker.:)

18 points 8 rebounds per game...
I def like the look of this guy, looks like rodney but bigger, stronger, with quicker.:)

Yeah he looks like a 6'6 Rodney/Trevor hybrid. Would love to get him on the roster. Can you imagine a pressing and fast breaking line up of Andre Hollins, Chip Armelin, Guy Landry, Rodney Williams and Trevor Mbakwe. Wow would that be fun to watch.

Athletic forward, with size, looked reasonably comfortable with the ball in his hands, can shoot from the perimeter at least a little bit, is older and more of a mature player.....yes, I want him on this team, seems like a good fit to me. Versatile defender as well. Seems like right up Tubby's alley. Wouldn't come in expecting big numbers or anything, but seems like a guy who would "fit" well, based on his stats and his percentages, plus his athleticism. And he'd also work right in along with our FT struggles lol.

We don't need another guy who is mainly a dunker. We have one too many of those already. If you can't hit jump shots, a 6'5" power dunking small forward or shooting guard won't help that much. We need basketball players with balanced games, good shooting, good D, and the ability to drive.

We don't need another guy who is mainly a dunker. We have one too many of those already. If you can't hit jump shots, a 6'5" power dunking small forward or shooting guard won't help that much. We need basketball players with balanced games, good shooting, good D, and the ability to drive.

He shot 40% behind the arc last season and lists one of his strengths as getting to the rim. Did you watch a dunk highlight video and make your assessment?

How in the world do you know he can't do those things? Never come to conclusions about a player when all you have to base your opinion off of is a highlight video.

Top Bottom