Gustavus Taking Facilities to Next Level for DIII

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Last edited:

Looks pretty.

The CG people always look weird.

Guy checking his watch... ? That's what they picked?

INT-13-Weights_High-Res-090920.png

I feel like this is similarish to a nice upgrade that MAC made for overall sports and student wellness/rec a few years ago.

SCSU build a new football field awhile back and then cut their football team.

The football program was doom even before the new football field was finished.

Title IX did Saint Cloud State's Football in. They invested heavily in Hockey, and they had to cut programs to bring parity men vs women.

In order to keep football, they must fund additional women's sports to meet the Title IX requirements with money or support they do not have.

Last edited:

Gustavus has always had tennis facilities better than many D1 programs, and now this will help round out the rest of their athletic facilities.

Now if they would just upgrade their 1970s dorms...

Go Gophers!!

Gustavus has always had tennis facilities better than many D1 programs, and now this will help round out the rest of their athletic facilities.

Go Gophers!!
The tornado tried...

it's okay, I can say that! i went there! Co-ed, North, Collegeview, off-campus

That football fieldhouse is a big deal for D3. Heck, most D1 for that matter. Other MIAC schools have long ago invested in indoor track-sized fieldhouses, but this looks way beyond that.

No on pays that. Heck you can go there cheaper than the U of M with grants.
Same for most MIAC schools. No one pays sticker price, unless perhaps you're a marginal student or legacy who comes from a rich family.

That football fieldhouse is a big deal for D3. Heck, most D1 for that matter. Other MIAC schools have long ago invested in indoor track-sized fieldhouses, but this looks way beyond that.
Yup. And with UST leaving they maybe are making a play to be the new number 2 in the league

Most students who go to MIAC schools don't pay the full tuition. If you come from a disadvantaged background, you can probably get a pretty decent financial package is my guest. Also, most football players I bet more than make up for not having an athletic scholarship. They will find a creative way to get you in uniform.

Does any other D3 program anywhere have a full sized indoor practice facility? Perhaps, but I’m not aware of one if so.

Gustavus has always gone first class with its athletic facilities dating back to the construction of the original Lund Center in the mid 80’s, and continuing through the building of the awesome new football stadium, tennis facilities, and now new baseball facility. Lund Center was showing it’s age and was no longer the D3 shining example in recent years, but this expansion will again leap frog most D3 schools. The weight room was getting particularly dated and small.

This is far more than just the indoor practice facility. New locker rooms, weight room, etc. Even before this expansion it had a fieldhouse, 3000k basketball arena, 2000k hockey arena, gymnastics gym, indoor track, four locker rooms, athletic training, competition pool, and racquetball courts all under one roof.

We live in the tundra, in this day and age, I am surprised their are not more field house facilities in large communities that kids and athletes can use during the long winter months.

Go Gophers!!
Did you go there Bleed? Always has been a good school.

Minnesota State Mankato put up a full dome recently. Bethany Lutheran was looking at a field house for soccer. Most cities/schools go the way if a dome. Woodbury is a full sized permanent structure. National Sports Center has the largest bubble/dome in North America.

The tornado tried...

it's okay, I can say that! i went there! Co-ed, North, Collegeview, off-campus
Co-Ed (incredible), North, Collegeville, Southwest. The weight room was tiny 15 years ago, it's nice to see that's being addressed.

The MIAC school I attended gave foreign students at least 50% off tuition to make a more diverse student body.
This is largely dependent on if they reduce sticker cost with grants or “scholarships”

At places that lower cost with grants, international students pay less.

No on pays that. Heck you can go there cheaper than the U of M with grants.
People say this all the time but it's not true in most cases. Sure, they discount it from $60,000 a year to $40,000 but that's still quite a bit more than a public college.

I can also go to the U for free with grants and scholarships.

Last edited:

Top Bottom