Guesses on Illini game time?

swingman

Reaction score
Kind of hard to pick an obvious desirable match up for networks in that week.

Is Big Ten doung any night games in November this year?

Saturday, Nov. 6
Illinois at Minnesota
Iowa at Northwestern
Ohio State at Nebraska
Michigan State at Purdue
Wisconsin at Rutgers
Indiana at Michigan
Penn State at Maryland

It should be announced today or tomorrow, right? Please please please don’t let this one be an 11:00 start again.
Usually announced today by noon or so. Check Gophersports.com

Saturday, Nov. 6
Illinois at Minnesota
Iowa at Northwestern
Ohio State at Nebraska
Michigan State at Purdue
Wisconsin at Rutgers
Indiana at Michigan
Penn State at Maryland
Desirability of the match up doesn't necessarily associate with when the game time will be, especially with FOX usually having their premier game at 11am. A perceived crappy game could be in either the early or late window to fill all the contractual agreements with the multiple broadcast partners.

Now that we are into November, I would prefer the game to be at 11am, but that's just me. I like the sun.

Saturday, Nov. 6
Illinois at Minnesota
Iowa at Northwestern
Ohio State at Nebraska
Michigan State at Purdue
Wisconsin at Rutgers
Indiana at Michigan
Penn State at Maryland
B1G doesn't do night games in November unless both teams agree to it.

We've played some November night games: Iowa & OSU '15, Nebraska '16, Michigan '17, and Iowa & Purdue '20 (but that was irregular).

Will gameday being going back to Lincoln for OSU Nebraska?

Will gameday being going back to Lincoln for OSU Nebraska?
Nebraska is expecting 11am or 2:30 for the game as Night games are no more in November I believe.

Networks are using 6 day window so most games won't be know until Saturday night.

Saturday, Nov. 6
Illinois at Minnesota
Iowa at Northwestern
Ohio State at Nebraska
Michigan State at Purdue
Wisconsin at Rutgers
Indiana at Michigan
Penn State at Maryland
Iowa at Northwestern is a night game, per my iowa fan friend

Iowa at Northwestern is a night game, per my iowa fan friend
Sounds like Iowa tries to get opponents to agree to night games for home games in November. We'll see if MN agrees to it.

Sounds like Iowa tries to get opponents to agree to night games for home games in November. We'll see if MN agrees to it.
Out of curiosity where are you getting that information -- additionally what is meant by "tries to get" -- like do they sweeten the deal by painting the locker room a darker shade of pink for the game?

7a.m. Shoot some life into the program.

Or they wait until 11p.m. when Bert wakes up from his tailgating sleep.

lack of respect should make the crack on the shoulder bigger

also, on the Deuce again...

Gophs will flying under the national media radar until Kinnick....

maybe even until Indy ('napolis, not Bloomington) if Iowa loses this week and/or the next...

Last edited:

Out of curiosity where are you getting that information -- additionally what is meant by "tries to get" -- like do they sweeten the deal by painting the locker room a darker shade of pink for the game?
Only way to play at night in November is for both teams to agree to it is my understanding. Just going off of what I've see other post. No concrete source, mostly speculation.

Only way to play at night in November is for both teams to agree to it is my understanding. Just going off of what I've see other post. No concrete source, mostly speculation.
That is the case -- I saw a tweet from Andy Staples that claimed the B1G has the rule to decrease the amount of night driving for fans. I just don't know what their pitch would be other than increased viewership from a night game (presupposing that it is a competitive game worthy of Fox/Espn).

That is the case -- I saw a tweet from Andy Staples that claimed the B1G has the rule to decrease the amount of night driving for fans. I just don't know what their pitch would be other than increased viewership from a night game (presupposing that it is a competitive game worthy of Fox/Espn).
Post game pizza party in the school cafeteria.

Iowa will play Northwestern under the lights that week at Ryan...we play in Kinnick the next week.

Last edited:

Would this constitute "looking ahead" to Illinois? I was told we shouldn't do that ;) :oops::ROFLMAO:

(I keed I keed)

Gophs will flying under the national media radar until Kinnick....

You’re not wrong about that. An article in The Athletic today pointed out that Iowa was in fine shape because it was still one game ahead of Purdue in the West.

No mention of being tied with Minnesota.

Top Bottom