Guess the Ws record for BJs first year.

Without seeing schedule or roster I would feel pretty confident guessing bottom 3 in conference and around .500 non conference
I am going to be wrong. Happy to be so.

bottom 3 in conference and around .800 in non conference

10-12 wins seems about right if they can avoid any major injuries. I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've seen so far.

I'm also surprised it took Princeton so long to press and attack the Gophers in the paint. That's how they were able to force OT.

I think we'll see B1G opponents attack those two glaring weaknesses, making conference play extremely difficult.

SDGF originally picked a ceiling of 14 wins and a floor of 9 wins for this team in the first post of this thread. I still think those are reasonable upper and lower bounds. I do believe this team will win more than Pitino's Godawful 2015-16 team.

At this point, I'll go with 12 wins but I wouldn't be shocked to see 14.

The biggest problem was stated by one of the announcers last night and seconded in this thread by Howeda7: this team is just an injury or two away from a devastatingly handicapped roster. Hopefully, Fox really can join the lineup in January.

I’ve been saying 10-12 wins since the summer and I’ll stay there.

After watching their last 2 games I'm impressed. Now if they can develop a bench 10 to 12 wins.

16-14 is actually attainable. They aren't the worst team in the conference. Willis and Battle are legit.
Opportunities are certainly there.

Every season is judged by wins and losses. No other reason to actually play.
Wow that is an incredibly shallow way to view things. There are lots of reasons to play that go beyond just wins and losses.

I guess you would agree that the conference and national championship winners are shallow?

I agree with you to an extent (not the above remark - the original one). People can say that wins don't matter in a season and a coach often gets a free pass in his first season. That should apply especially to Johnson under the unusual circumstances. But, if the wins are too few and far between, most people are going to get tired of watching after awhile. You can't blame people for losing interest after 25 games if a team has a 5-20 record. After all, there is a correlation between wins and quality of play. Thankfully, if the team stays healthy, it looks like we might not have a season anything close to that abysmal.

Also, of the 10 active scholarship players, we can pretty much count on 5 not playing next season. It's not like we're watching a bunch of freshmen and sophs with potential working through growing pains; the two youngest players have barely played so far. If you're going to assemble a very mature and experienced roster, then you should be producing some wins.

Last edited:

16-14 is actually attainable. They aren't the worst team in the conference. Willis and Battle are legit.
Opportunities are certainly there.

That's pretty optimistic; not impossible but optimistic. They may not be the worst team in the conference but a 16-14 overall record would normally place a team somewhere in the range of #8 to #10 in the conference.

Once I knew what the schedule would be I thought 7-3 in non con 5-15 in conference, and I always go with 1-1 at the BTT, SO I would have said 13-19. Going 2-0 in Asheville and seeing how bad PITT is I think w should go 8-2, get the PITT win 9-1 in non con. I'll predict six big ten wins, including one road win., stick with 1-1 in the BTT and say we finish the year 15-17

Top Bottom