Guess the Ws record for BJs first year.

Man, I'm not sure we'll get to double digits

The TCU coach and players, Rebraca, injuries, additional transfers?
You guessed the highest win total of all GH'ers based on hopeful speculation? I was really hoping you knew something with the way you've been pumping up this team. Shame on me I guess.

You guessed the highest win total of all GH'ers based on hopeful speculation? I was really hoping you knew something with the way you've been pumping up this team. Shame on me I guess.
You weren't guessing win totals on speculation when the roster had 4 players in April?

Saw a tweet from Willie Burton. He basically said we sucked the two years before the sweet 16 and elite 8, while showing he was at practice. Maybe a bit of foreshadowing?

You weren't guessing win totals on speculation when the roster had 4 players in April?
If I had it would have been 12 if I guess at that time, after injuries I'm going with 8. You don't go with 18 as your guess, even at that time, unless you had the utmost faith in this staff. How strong is your faith now that the roster has more than 4 players?

If I had it would have been 12 if I guess at that time, after injuries I'm going with 8. You don't go with 18 as your guess, even at that time, unless you had the utmost faith in this staff. How strong is your faith now that the roster has more than 4 players?
Less than 18

I’d bet a lot on the under if the line is 4 big ten wins

The better question for this thread would be how many wins would BJ need to get to get considered for coach of the year? I think anything over 10 would make him a candidate (of course some could say his poor recruiting led to this mess, but I will ignore that part of the equation for now).

Saw a tweet from Willie Burton. He basically said we sucked the two years before the sweet 16 and elite 8, while showing he was at practice. Maybe a bit of foreshadowing?
I’m taking it as a sign he believes in Johnson. Because it isn’t new this team is gonna suck next year

The better question for this thread would be how many wins would BJ need to get to get considered for coach of the year? I think anything over 10 would make him a candidate (of course some could say his poor recruiting led to this mess, but I will ignore that part of the equation for now).
I would say a .500 record would get him coach of the year. Maybe .400.

didn't Gates get coach of the year his first year at CSU with a sub .500 record?

The second part combined with the gophers being about .500 is really why there is no chance

If the gophers were 5-25 last year maybe 10-11 wins gets you in the mix

Based on how things have started that feels about right. Most of the wins will need to come from the non-conf games but on a hot shooting night this team could beat some of the lower tier Big Ten teams.

Injuries to any of the key players left on the roster could derail things quickly though. The 7 core guys have to stay healthy for this team to have any shot and some depth has to develop around them.

That said, wins/losses were never going to be what this season was judged on anyway.

Every season is judged by wins and losses. No other reason to actually play.

My over/under was 9. I would up it only to 10. The problem is that we are still one wrong injury away from being basically unable win a B1G game, IMO. And most of our winnable B1G games are in later January/February.

Top Bottom