Guess the Wisconsin Line?

nemosgold

Reaction score
Barring any Badger injuries what do you think the opening line will be? The Gophers have coverd the last 4, 3 as dogs.

My guess + 8.5.

That sounds about right. Might be a little higher given Wisconsin's ability to blow people out (they beat Iowa by 21 on the road).

Doesn't mean we can't beat them, but I wouldn't expect a close spread.

If Wisconsin wins/doesn't have major injuries, I think it opens at around +13 or so. Badgers have covered every game this year (including their two losses, covered -6.5 at ASU, -7.5 at OSU).

I expect to be double digit dogs, & I'm hoping for a double digit victory!!!

9 maybe 9.5. I don't think it hits double digits

I had a friend tell me the Gophers would be favored. I told him there was a better chance of 2 & 2 equaling five.

Guess the Wisconsin Line?

How do you get to Minneapolis?

I wouldn't go as high as some of the others on here. Wisconsin were only 8.5 point favorites at home against BYU, who I think have a similar resume as the Gophers. I'd expect the line to be a few points less than that, around 6.5

I wouldn't go as high as some of the others on here. Wisconsin were only 8.5 point favorites at home against BYU, who I think have a similar resume as the Gophers. I'd expect the line to be a few points less than that, around 6.5

My thinking is Wisco is damn near undefeated. A disputed game against ASU and a one touchdown lose to OSU, both on the road. Unfortunately, I think the buckeyes would crush the gophs and the skunks played them nearly even.

If Wisconsin wins/doesn't have major injuries, I think it opens at around +13 or so. Badgers have covered every game this year (including their two losses, covered -6.5 at ASU, -7.5 at OSU).

Mind reader. I was going to say +13.5. I think it will be closer than that.

2+2=5, therefore, I predict Gophers by 1.5. I know. I know. But consider this. If you're a Vegas odds maker and you keep losing money for your bosses on your Gopher predictions, what would you do? On the other hand, Dr. Don seems to know this stuff pretty well, so maybe it's +10. I hope we're dogs, which makes winning so much sweeter.

Lines usually open within a few points of computer rankings such as sagarin. The pure points is the one used.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Wisconsin is a 90.27, Minnesota is a 72.15.

18 points, minus the three for home field. Bet it opens at +14.5 if no major things happen for them against IU. (injuries, shocking outcome).

I just placed a bet with a friend at 14, I being the one that think they will cover. But I gotta imagine that the Vegas line will be around 9. Gophers will be at home having won 4 in a row, 8-2, having covered in the previous 4 games. 14 just seems too high for a home team that will have the identical record as the opposing team.

Gophers +12, Vegas doesn't think we can stop the run

Lines usually open within a few points of computer rankings such as sagarin. The pure points is the one used.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Wisconsin is a 90.27, Minnesota is a 72.15.

18 points, minus the three for home field. Bet it opens at +14.5 if no major things happen for them against IU. (injuries, shocking outcome).
Yes. Wisconsin -12-14. Vegas likes Wisconsin a lot and would be favored on neutral field against all but eleven teams.

I'm going at 17.5.

At first blush, this seems high. But, if it were any lower I think it would be an easy decision to put it all on wisconsin. If the Gophers play their game, we can keep it respectable for awhile, but I just don't see how we can stop their running game all afternoon. I don't see us scoring more than 17 points against their defense, and would be shocked if we kept them under 30. It doesn't take too much imagination to get to that 17.5 points.

Badgers have covered every game this year (including their two losses, covered -6.5 at ASU, -7.5 at OSU).

I believe I heard that Gary Anderson's Utah State team covered every game last year. So teams coached by him have covered 22 in a row. Gophers have covered four in a row - some of them big spreads. I predict one of those streaks will end next week.

+13... will probably move to +14... an WI will probably cover.

Doh!

My apologies, I'm in an especially terrible mood tonight... but, that's how I see it.

17.5 or 18 and will move up with time. Worse, it sounds about right. We've found out the last few weeks that our gophers have risen to the top of the middle of the B1G. We find out Saturday just how far that rise has been. I think the key is going to be our offense. We won't shut 'em down we better have a plan to keep up with them.

Top Bottom