Guess the Twins # of Regular Season Win and lord it over all others

Total number of WIns - There are different levels (please specify in your reply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
So, we're through 25 games, a decent sample size and we're 15-10, which equates to a .600 Winning %, per my Alex Math. That = 97.2 regular season wins = Holy Smokies!!! If that happens @howeda7 head explodes as Sock 'Em Rock 'Em Wins manager of the year for the second time in four years (sounds like hallowed ground to me - worst to first scenario) and Falvey is Ex of the year!

So the contest is pick the bucket AND THEN specify how many wins we get; closet wins and in evenT of a tie, we have co-winners, unless the judge from NYC is bought oFF -hint a buster bar will do it.

I'm saying 101 as my official prediction (I don't see many holes this year - thanks Yanks!!), we win the Central by 6+games and go to the WS!!!

As we say in Queens, "What says yous?"

So, we're through 25 games, a decent sample size and we're 15-10, which equates to a .600 Winning %, per my Alex Math. That = 97.2 regular season wins = Holy Smokies!!! If that happens @howeda7 head explodes as Sock 'Em Rock 'Em Wins manager of the year for the second time in four years (sounds like hallowed ground to me - worst to first scenario) and Falvey is Ex of the year!

So the contest is pick the bucket AND THEN specify how many wins we get; closet wins and in evenT of a tie, we have co-winners, unless the judge from NYC is bought oFF -hint a buster bar will do it.

I'm saying 101 as my official prediction (I don't see many holes this year - thanks Yanks!!), we win the Central by 6+games and go to the WS!!!

For the record, I'm neutral on Rocco except when he's going overboard on his doctor duties, or pulling Berrios for Cody Stashak in the 5th inning of a 0-0 play-off game.

I'm not a Falvey fan, but my head will not explode if they win 90 games. This is the year we win a single play-off game!

For the record, I'm neutral on Rocco except when he's going overboard on his doctor duties, or pulling Berrios for Cody Stashak in the 5th inning of a 0-0 play-off game.

I'm not a Falvey fan, but my head will not explode if they win 90 games. This is the year we win a single play-off game!

Im just joshing with you!

WS this year baby!

poorly written poll, i voted 70+ because i think we'll get more than 70 wins. i play to win, i play price is right strategy.

poorly written poll, i voted 70+ because i think we'll get more than 70 wins. i play to win, i play price is right strategy.

Not poorly written as there are obviously five win increments and the OP requested posters specify number of victories in case multiple people selected the same increment - amazingly other posters were able to figure it out.

Can’t recall you ever contributing a thread to the board or memorable posts on here; so you failed bro.

Sorry Judy the Loser from Lucerne you missed the showcase, but please enjoy your year’s supply of 🐢 Wax.

Not poorly written as there are obviously five win increments and the OP requested posters specify number of victories in case multiple people selected the same increment - amazingly other posters were able to figure it out.

Can’t recall you ever contributing a thread to the board or memorable posts on here; so you failed bro.

Sorry Judy the Loser from Lucerne you missed the showcase, but please enjoy your year’s supply of 🐢 Wax.

bro, don’t take yourself or your post so seriously, it was a finely written poll, just having some fun. and I’ll take a years supply of turtle wax, no idea what I’ll do with it but free is free!

I'm going 91 because I had a '91 Mustang once...... Twins win the division by 2.

I think the other cross divisions offer too good of competition and the Central has been playing down early for the Twinks to run away with it. Cleveland and the White Cox will pick it up. But Detroit will spoil it for one of those 2.

I would love to see them win 101. If the pitching can hold up, and the hitting continues to improve, I'll be way off and your 101 will be more accurate.

Well, I was optimistic but the last two days in Baltimore have me spooked.
Bundy gets shelled.
Rocco and Arraez out with covid
Duran gives up 2 HR's in the same inning.
and the kicker - Correa with a broken finger; out for probably 4 to 6 weeks.

I still think this can be a .500 team, but as of today, I am not expecting a lot more than that - unless the front office makes some deals, or some of the younger players start producing.

Miranda has not shown anything so far, and his fielding looks shaky.

we'll see if Royce Lewis can give them a spark. But, he has only played a handful of games in the last 2 years, so it's probably unrealistic to think he's going to jump right into the majors and be great.

Edit - no broken finger for Correa. not going on IL, but is day-to-day..........

Last edited:

Well, I was optimistic but the last two days in Baltimore have me spooked.
Bundy gets shelled.
Rocco and Arraez out with covid
Duran gives up 2 HR's in the same inning.
and the kicker - Correa with a broken finger; out for probably 4 to 6 weeks.

I still think this can be a .500 team, but as of today, I am not expecting a lot more than that - unless the front office makes some deals, or some of the younger players start producing.

Miranda has not shown anything so far, and his fielding looks shaky.

we'll see if Royce Lewis can give them a spark. But, he has only played a handful of games in the last 2 years, so it's probably unrealistic to think he's going to jump right into the majors and be great.
On the plus side, they've gotten very little/nothing so far from Sonny Gray, Baily Ober or Alex Kiriloff and Lewis should prevent the drop off from Correa from being too dramatic. (And Polanco/Arreaz is an option if he struggles).

The bullpen still worries me the most. They have no closer. Perhaps we can sweep the A's and convince them to trade us Travino early.

On the plus side, they've gotten very little/nothing so far from Sonny Gray, Baily Ober or Alex Kiriloff and Lewis should prevent the drop off from Correa from being too dramatic. (And Polanco/Arreaz is an option if he struggles).

The bullpen still worries me the most. They have no closer.
Certainly if Lewis hits well it would help soften the blow. Polanco really needs to step up now.

I like everything you said except we know they'll get bounced in the first round as always!

Top Bottom