Grinnell College guard scores 138 points

Lots of whiners in this thread. As long as they're playing within the rules, who cares "how" they play? Who are you to decide what the "right" style of basketball is? It must not bother anybody too badly - their coach still has his job. If the other team doesn't want to get their ass kicked, don't schedule Grinnell and/or get better basketball players.

Lots of whiners in this thread. As long as they're playing within the rules, who cares "how" they play? Who are you to decide what the "right" style of basketball is? It must not bother anybody too badly - their coach still has his job. If the other team doesn't want to get their ass kicked, don't schedule Grinnell and/or get better basketball players.

People are also entitled to their opinion. The coach has a job because he's getting a lot of national attention for the school, which apparently is more important than winning basketball games to them.

My opinion is that records should be set within the confines of the game. What they did would be like players falling down at the 1 yard line every time so they could hand it off to their RB to break a TD record. And doing it with your starters in while up 50.

Here's another perspective on it: http://deadspin.com/5962514/d+iii-players-138-point+game-is-a-sham-record-and-shouldnt-be-celebrated-by-anyone

Also, watch the video. I've seen games of horse where players are trying harder.

People are also entitled to their opinion. The coach has a job because he's getting a lot of national attention for the school, which apparently is more important than winning basketball games to them.

My opinion is that records should be set within the confines of the game. What they did would be like players falling down at the 1 yard line every time so they could hand it off to their RB to break a TD record. And doing it with your starters in while up 50.

Here's another perspective on it: http://deadspin.com/5962514/d+iii-players-138-point+game-is-a-sham-record-and-shouldnt-be-celebrated-by-anyone

Also, watch the video. I've seen games of horse where players are trying harder.

Kind of like when Farve just laid down at the end of the final season game to give Strahan the nfl single season sack record.

Hearing about this reminds me of Jack Morris' comments regarding Hamilton hitting 4 home runs in one game. Morris said, "He'd never would have got 4 home runs because I would have beaned him after the third one."

At some point don't you think the other team just starts chipping him. Run him into screens and beat the kid down before you give up that many points to one player. I'm less impressed with the kid and more disgusted with his opponents than anything else. Take some pride in defense for goodness sakes.

Parski2 has never even been laid 138 times in his entire life, and I know that for a fact because he has been with 2 women in his life, and they both chucked him in Carroll Iowa because he chose Lois Feldman at the HHH Metrodome instead.

Parski2 has never even been laid 138 times in his entire life, and I know that for a fact because he has been with 2 women in his life, and they both chucked him in Carroll Iowa because he chose Lois Feldman at the HHH Metrodome instead.

To be honest with you, Don, the fact that you know her name is kind of creepy. :eek:

Top Bottom