Greetings

DanNystrom

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wanted to say hello. Lifelong Gopher fan, long-time reader, and first-time posting. Bear with me as I get used to it, but looking forward to chatting with you all as the season progresses.

Welcome!

Nice first post... it beats the recent history of first posts consisting of self-promoting one's own website or bitching about seat back rentals.

Thank you for kicking 5 FG's against Arkansas in the 2002 Music City Bowl. :D

Hey All,

Just wanted to say hello. Lifelong Gopher fan, long-time reader, and first-time posting. Bear with me as I get used to it, but looking forward to chatting with you all as the season progresses.

Welcome, Dan.

I'll never forget your game-winning kick in Happy Valley 10 years ago!!:D

Hey All,

Is this you?
OEHEFEZPNLLWAXU.20060628194908.jpg

LOL...I felt nostalgic when coming up with a name, and that typically brings me back to that one.

I remember where I was on that day in 1999

What a day! I was in my apartment with a buddy, and I remember having a six-pack and a pound (Taco John's 6 tacos and a pound of Oles). Besides my wedding and the birth of my daughter, that was one of the greatest days of my life. I'm betting Sept. 12 will be right up there, too.

Welcome to the land of posting DN, glad to have you go from lurker to poster!

Nystrom's place in Gopher history is legendary.

He grew up a few houses down from where IAM4Goldy grew up and every time I drive by Nystrom's house to this day, I give a honk and a Go Gophers fist pump. Yes, I'm "that guy."

Go Gophers!!

I was at that 2002 game and called my gopher fan

at work to bitch about the easy TD Arkansas scored on drive #1. My old pal agreed from his cubicle, and suggested woodshed event was about to happpen.

I hung up, drank another beer, watched Nystrom, and T Tapeh lead us to a win, then hit Broadway (Robert's Western World with boots on the walls) for several more beers. This all happened with no MBIII and T Jackson III not well. MBII, or even TJII might have gained 287 yards that day against the SEC co-champs that day as well.

The Marching Band did the pre-game show at half time, and did a post game march around the stadium that added several layers of greatness to that day.

Mike Lehan and many others played well that day.

I'll probably never set foot in Nashville again, but that was a fun day. The New Year's Eve the next night was a let down after than, even though it was a great party funded by AOL bubble punk millionaires and plenty of gold-diggers waiting nearby.

P.S. OK, the original post was about the 1999 PSU win, but the 2002 Nystom performance at the Music City Bowl was very impressive.

Many overlook that many of those bowl teams would have gone to better bowl games, if not for the wretched fan support by the MN fans. Does anyone know why the support at the 2008 Insight Bowl was so much worse than the 2006 Insght Bowl?

at work to bitch about the easy TD Arkansas scored on drive #1. My old pal agreed from his cubicle, and suggested woodshed event was about to happpen.

I hung up, drank another beer, watched Nystrom, and T Tapeh lead us to a win, then hit Broadway (Robert's Western World with boots on the walls) for several more beers. This all happened with no MBIII and T Jackson III not well. MBII, or even TJII might have gained 287 yards that day against the SEC co-champs that day as well.

The Marching Band did the pre-game show at half time, and did a post game march around the stadium that added several layers of greatness to that day.

Mike Lehan and many others played well that day.

I'll probably never set foot in Nashville again, but that was a fun day. The New Year's Eve the next night was a let down after than, even though it was a great party funded by AOL bubble punk millionaires and plenty of gold-diggers waiting nearby.

P.S. OK, the original post was about the 1999 PSU win, but the 2002 Nystom performance at the Music City Bowl was very impressive.

Many overlook that many of those bowl teams would have gone to better bowl games, if not for the wretched fan support by the MN fans. Does anyone know why the support at the 2008 Insight Bowl was so much worse than the 2006 Insght Bowl?[/QUOTE]

Economy, same location as 06, overall lack of fan intensity due to a decade of mediocre bowl games under a overall mediocre regime that settled for 6-6, 7-5 type seasons with 4 wins against terrible NC teams...etc What do YOU think was the reason?

What a day! I was in my apartment with a buddy, and I remember having a six-pack and a pound (Taco John's 6 tacos and a pound of Oles). Besides my wedding and the birth of my daughter, that was one of the greatest days of my life. I'm betting Sept. 12 will be right up there, too.

Please tell me you ate Taco John's on the other two greatest days of your life.

Top Bottom