Greetings from CSU

RamSack

Reaction score
Hi All,
We're excited to be hosting Minnesota this Saturday and hope for a good game. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer or you can come over and ask at Ramnation.com.

Here are some tidbits you may or may not know about CSU and Fort Collins:
1) We are the Rams, not the Bison like I saw in another post on this board. The Buffaloes are our little brothers down the road in Boulder...the same team we beat 31-17 last year.
2) CSU went 10-3 last year (includes LV Bowl loss to Utah).
3) The OL returns 4 starters. The lone departing OL member is now the starting LT for the Denver Broncos.
4) Rashard Higgins led the nation in receiving yards and TD's last year. He's a consensus All-American.
5) Starting LT Zack Golditch was grazed by a bullet from the Aurora theater shooter James Holmes during that shooting a couple years ago.
6) Starting RB, Dalyn Dawkins played as a true freshman for Purdue before transferring to CSU two years ago. Unfortunately, Purdue did not play Minnesota in 2013. He redshirted during his transfer year last season.
7) We have our official groundbreaking ceremony for a new $220 million on-campus stadium before the game on Sept 12. The stadium capacity will be 41,000 to start, but will be easily expandable.
8) There is a "CSU to the B1G" Twitter page. https://twitter.com/CSUtoBigTen
9) US News and World Report ranks CSU's Vet School as #3 in the country and Minnesota as #9. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...ools/top-health-schools/veterinarian-rankings
10) Fort Collins is home to many craft breweries, most notably, New Belgium Brewery and Odells Brewing Company.
11) CSU is conducting hemp research. http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...state-university-hemp-variety-trial/71408846/
12) Yes, marijuana is legal in Colorado and there are recreational marijuana stores in Fort Collins.

Again, good luck and let me know if you have any questions about CSU or the Fort Collins area.

Hey Ram, welcome to Gold Country and thanks for the info. There is another thread about all things CSU you may want to check out. We are looking forward to playing your Rams.

Go Gophers!

Hi Ram fan. Interesting info there, and I had NO idea about the CSU to the B10 bandwagon. I don't even know if that's even feasible, but it's pretty cool nonetheless and I would welcome it personally, because Fort Collins is just a gem of a town. It is so fricken beautiful out there. Anyhow, Higgins: yes, he's completely legit, and I cannot wait to see him match up against our secondary, as that should provide one hell of a show. Best wishes for a great game with no injuries for either side.

Hey man...looking forward to the trip. Hope I don't get to wacked out inhaling weed walking through the tailgate area

I couldn't help but laugh at #9. I don't see how that's relevant at all to the game at all but welcome regardless.

Hey RamSack, my wife is a big fan of CAM. Do you know if there is any opportunity for the public to get a photo op with him?

Hey RamSack, my wife is a big fan of CAM. Do you know if there is any opportunity for the public to get a photo op with him?

I'm not real sure, but I think I've seen him getting walked around the parking lot before. I recommend going to the tunnel area on the south side of the stadium during the tailgate and asking someone there.

Hi All,
We're excited to be hosting Minnesota this Saturday and hope for a good game. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer or you can come over and ask at Ramnation.com.

Here are some tidbits you may or may not know about CSU and Fort Collins:
1) We are the Rams, not the Bison like I saw in another post on this board. The Buffaloes are our little brothers down the road in Boulder...the same team we beat 31-17 last year.
2) CSU went 10-3 last year (includes LV Bowl loss to Utah).
3) The OL returns 4 starters. The lone departing OL member is now the starting LT for the Denver Broncos.
4) Rashard Higgins led the nation in receiving yards and TD's last year. He's a consensus All-American.
5) Starting LT Zack Golditch was grazed by a bullet from the Aurora theater shooter James Holmes during that shooting a couple years ago.
6) Starting RB, Dalyn Dawkins played as a true freshman for Purdue before transferring to CSU two years ago. Unfortunately, Purdue did not play Minnesota in 2013. He redshirted during his transfer year last season.
7) We have our official groundbreaking ceremony for a new $220 million on-campus stadium before the game on Sept 12. The stadium capacity will be 41,000 to start, but will be easily expandable.
8) There is a "CSU to the B1G" Twitter page. https://twitter.com/CSUtoBigTen
9) US News and World Report ranks CSU's Vet School as #3 in the country and Minnesota as #9. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...ools/top-health-schools/veterinarian-rankings
10) Fort Collins is home to many craft breweries, most notably, New Belgium Brewery and Odells Brewing Company.
11) CSU is conducting hemp research. http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...state-university-hemp-variety-trial/71408846/
12) Yes, marijuana is legal in Colorado and there are recreational marijuana stores in Fort Collins.

Again, good luck and let me know if you have any questions about CSU or the Fort Collins area.

13) the students will leave at halftime
14) the cannon will get shot less than 3 times on saturday

Ramsack is there anywhere we can watch a replay of CSUs first game? I can't find any highlights on the interwebs. I think this will be a very tough matchup for us.

I'm not real sure, but I think I've seen him getting walked around the parking lot before. I recommend going to the tunnel area on the south side of the stadium during the tailgate and asking someone there.

Thanks. I might ask around. It's her birthday on Saturday and that would be the icing on the cake, a slice of which you're welcome to at our tailgate! On another subject, even though we play Ohio St. later this year, I'd love to see them somehow lose tonight...

#12 makes me want to make a visit. I'll be interested to watch Deron Thompson too, I really like him a few years back when the Gophers were recruiting him.

Ramsack is there anywhere we can watch a replay of CSUs first game? I can't find any highlights on the interwebs. I think this will be a very tough matchup for us.

Nope. It's the only game that isn't televised this year.

Top Bottom