Green full steam ahead

RahSkiUMah

Reaction score
The wildcat was pretty effective last game, maybe it was just me, but I felt like Green was running much more aggressively than in the past. Typically, seems like he waits for the blocking to develop for a second before moving towards the line. Yesterday it seemed like he was firing out of a cannon after the fake. Maybe the holes were opening up quickly and that enabled it. In any case, excited to see some more of Seth in the games ahead.

I think MD was just beat and Green could do what he wanted.

The wildcat was pretty effective last game, maybe it was just me, but I felt like Green was running much more aggressively than in the past. Typically, seems like he waits for the blocking to develop for a second before moving towards the line. Yesterday it seemed like he was firing out of a cannon after the fake. Maybe the holes were opening up quickly and that enabled it. In any case, excited to see some more of Seth in the games ahead.

I actually think it's somewhat of a different playcall. I think the delayed one is more of a counter.

His second TD was more delayed.

Yeah, I haven't went back to look at the blocking scheme, but it seems like the past couple weeks they've been running lead and power plays with him rather than zone. So straight ahead blocking, a lead from the tailback, and Green downhill. They also added the direct snap to the tailback with Green lead blocking. Nice wrinkles.

He'll throw it at some point this season too...mark my words.

Yeah, I haven't went back to look at the blocking scheme, but it seems like the past couple weeks they've been running lead and power plays with him rather than zone. So straight ahead blocking, a lead from the tailback, and Green downhill. They also added the direct snap to the tailback with Green lead blocking. Nice wrinkles.

He'll throw it at some point this season too...mark my words.

Missed a chance yesterday for a pass to Morgan...

They need to keep running Green to set up the wildcat throw. I wish they would have run him more over the last several weeks establishing him as a runner, so that the throw is there when we need it in our next close game.

It was the play formation I thought, they had the tight end motion to the gap where he’s going to block, then the running back is the second blocker through the same gap, then Green runs through that same hole.

Very effective than the previous formations that Green ran.

They need to keep running Green to set up the wildcat throw. I wish they would have run him more over the last several weeks establishing him as a runner, so that the throw is there when we need it in our next close game.

Exactly. But, we should probably stop talking about it, now. ��

Top Bottom