Green Bay Packers have released former Gophers linebacker De'Vondre Campbell. He sure would look good in purple.

His career took an upward trajectory when moving to a 3-4 inside lb from a 4-3 outside lb. Coaches need to place players in the position which one will excel. Sadly some coaches try to put a square peg in a round hole. He should have a new team by lunch time Thursday.

He was All-Pro two years ago, but has really fallen off since then. I don't know if he fits Flores' system that well. Curious to see who pursues Campbell and how much they are willing to pay.

Cashman and Campbell ? Seems less likely the Vikkngs pursue him.

He was All-Pro two years ago, but has really fallen off since then. I don't know if he fits Flores' system that well. Curious to see who pursues Campbell and how much they are willing to pay.
He has dealt with some injuries but not sure I would say he has fallen off that much in recent years. Dude has had a heck of an NFL career. Vikings have now signed Cashman and another LB so I don't think he ends up here but I also bet he won't have much trouble finding a new team.

He has dealt with some injuries but not sure I would say he has fallen off that much in recent years. Dude has had a heck of an NFL career. Vikings have now signed Cashman and another LB so I don't think he ends up here but I also bet he won't have much trouble finding a new team.
I just don't think he fits what Flores wants to do. Plus, injuries do matter and he has been banged up a lot and was not all that eager to back on the field until he was 100%. No taking away his 2021 performance.

I think Cashman is a better fit.

Time will tell who picks him up ... wouldn't hurt the Vikings to give him a shot at veteran minimum or slightly higher. He'd be a very nice depth player at the very least.

Devondre is a baller..

His career took an upward trajectory when moving to a 3-4 inside lb from a 4-3 outside lb. Coaches need to place players in the position which one will excel. Sadly some coaches try to put a square peg in a round hole. He should have a new team by lunch time Thursday.
Coaches should coach what they’re best at coaching and get players that match their scheme: hence he is gone .
and it shouldn’t be offensive

Nah. Cashman is enough. Ivan pace and Cashman will run the show in the middle with hitman and metellus acting as extra LB in several packages. Unless Campbell takes a massively low pay to back up pace and Cashman but I don't see that happening.
Cashman and Campbell ? Seems less likely the Vikkngs pursue him.

Agree and disagree with you. In the NFL where you can truly pick and buy your players... do you change your scheme or simply go find the peg that fits that hole?

100% agree with you in high school coaching and to a lesser extent college. Coaches need to adapt their style to fit the players. College is becoming more like the NFL with the transfer portal and finding a certain player with a specific skillset.

Top Bottom