Great video of team from this mornings workout!!

nice video!

Looks like the team was ready to go this morning.

Go Gophers!!:clap:

In the first sideline to sideline heat, who is that with dreads and no shirt leading the way?

looks like deleon eskridge was running out front as well.....

good to see that he is planning on competing hard to make sure he gets his carries this year. thought i saw kevin whaley up there too. good to see all around from the rb's.

awesome coverage....what is the 100 series?

love to see the pics and video.

Makes me more excited about the season.

Do the freshman have to wear a 100 series number for a while? I thought I saw reeves with a 108. Might be like earning the M on the helmet or star or whatever it is.

I know freshman can't talk to the media until they play in a game.

GM

Which one was cedric? Can you note the time on the video or pic #?

Awesome stuff...just awesome! And on another note, that Play4Brew site has come a long ways. It's really good now; I can see how it would really speak to high school recruits.

Which one was cedric? Can you note the time on the video or pic #?

He's the isolated guy right before the last pan of the running which leads to the lifting sequence. Looks to be a little before the midway point of the clip.

To Qualify for My Pound The Rock Award

The game plan must rush the ball at least 35 times per game. When we had Maroney and MBIII it was more find the seam in the zone and go. Huge gains, long runs in the first half, but declining numbers as the game wore on. When it really counted we couldn't close the deal. The zone scheme was based on moving the man in front of you shuffling him into a pick. Man blocking is driving the man in front of you off the ball and backward. Possibly trapping him, or double teaming him, but the design is to create a hole, lane or alley to run in. And pound the rock is a committment to run the ball even if you fall behind early.

The sign is nice, but lets see it in action. Pounding it 35 times takes a toll on a defense, and when its 3 and 3 late in the game, the 36th rush goes for 7, a first down and the game is over as the clock runs out. We have never played the game this way. Its winning football. This is not rocket science. But it takes committment by the coaching staff, and players.

And if you hammer the ball, and 8 or 9 are in the box go vertical once a quarter and make those throws count.

The game plan must rush the ball at least 35 times per game. When we had Maroney and MBIII it was more find the seam in the zone and go. Huge gains, long runs in the first half, but declining numbers as the game wore on. When it really counted we couldn't close the deal. The zone scheme was based on moving the man in front of you shuffling him into a pick. Man blocking is driving the man in front of you off the ball and backward. Possibly trapping him, or double teaming him, but the design is to create a hole, lane or alley to run in. And pound the rock is a committment to run the ball even if you fall behind early.

The sign is nice, but lets see it in action. Pounding it 35 times takes a toll on a defense, and when its 3 and 3 late in the game, the 36th rush goes for 7, a first down and the game is over as the clock runs out. We have never played the game this way. Its winning football. This is not rocket science. But it takes committment by the coaching staff, and players.

And if you hammer the ball, and 8 or 9 are in the box go vertical once a quarter and make those throws count.

100% true, Husker. The problem with our running game then was we combined it with horrible passing and 0 creativity. This meant that against good teams when we needed to close games out, everyone knew Mase was running it straight up the gut. Because we weren't driving anyone back, teams just shot the gaps and clogged the middle and shut us down. I like our move to big, hulking OL and trying to get physical up front. That changes the whole mentality of a team.

Top Bottom