Great Turnout Tonight

I was under the impression this wasn't always the case. It seems that during the Mason years, the Gophers were hard pressed to get anyone from CDH to the U.

I was there during the Mason years and I never heard anyone say anything particularily bad about the U. I wasn't being recruited but I had a ton of friends who went on to play Division 1 college football and were in the entire process with Cretin coaches and they never steered anyone away from the U (that I knew).

However, they weren't going to lie to the kids and act like they thought Mason was a great fit for a lot of their kids. A lot of them still went on to the U (I think more than a lot of people remember) and had the complete support and probably even guidance there from the coaches. I do think the rift got even deeper after a sort of falling out with two players (Stephenson and Phil Archer) who were really popular guys in the program and after that, I think word of mouth by players rather than directing by the coaches drove Cretin kids away from the U.

I was there during the Mason years and I never heard anyone say anything particularily bad about the U. I wasn't being recruited but I had a ton of friends who went on to play Division 1 college football and were in the entire process with Cretin coaches and they never steered anyone away from the U (that I knew).

However, they weren't going to lie to the kids and act like they thought Mason was a great fit for a lot of their kids. A lot of them still went on to the U (I think more than a lot of people remember) and had the complete support and probably even guidance there from the coaches. I do think the rift got even deeper after a sort of falling out with two players (Stephenson and Phil Archer) who were really popular guys in the program and after that, I think word of mouth by players rather than directing by the coaches drove Cretin kids away from the U.

That makes sense and thank you for shedding some light on the U - CDH relationship.

Hey thanks Joe I look forward to getting to know you and the rest of the club on Saturday's as well!

Top Bottom