Great Star Tribune cover story: Captain Kirksey

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Awesome cover story in the STrib today detailing the difficult path that Brandon Kirksey and his family have overcome to get to the point they are at today. It's one of the "Only in your Sunday" Star Tribune profiles, so the link won't be up until Wednesday online, but it's a great read and worth picking up a copy if you don't get it or reading once the link is up this week.

Go Gophers!!

Awesome! Sounds like a stand-up young man, which is great to hear. Thanks for sharing that...

An inspiring accounting of this young man and his journey. Good luck and best wishes to him and other Gopher players as well as all U of M students. Take advantage of your opportunities. Grow from your experiences. Give back to your community, your university and this society. Along with all of the imperfections of our society, the fact that our society still does value education is a great gift to all young people, middle aged people and old people. Wars, gangs, violence, substance abuse and selfishness do nothing to nurture and return resources to our society. Being educated and educating others does. This goes way beyond football, but, when it is demonstrated by a football player, that is a wonderful thing. Good luck Mr. K!

The pioneer press article is the best Gopher related article from the two major papers I've ever read...

Mike Max interview from Brandon Kirksey last night on WCCO news

Anyone else see Mike Max smart alec smerk and smarminess after the video clip of Kirksey calling the gophers defensive line an "Elite fighting force" on WCCO last night. The guy Kirksey is still a fun loving college kid, a college football player and he wise cracks about the elite fighting force comment because it is the Gophers. Man I just wanted to flick the guy, Max, in the nose for being such an ass. Max is no friend of the Gophers, he will never be that D3 loving Hamline Piper *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, he continue to bad mouth Gopher football to no end. He is not deserving of a beating just a flick in the nose as in that is a better insult for him for being such a dink to the kid. Max should thank his lucky stars he is where he is at because his voice is not made for TV or Radio and yet he coat-tailed it into a career. Gophers ever get to a major bowl he should be banned as he is worse than Reusse. Very tacky on Max to mock Kirksey.

A very nice article.

i do believe we're in good hands on D.

Great article, I have high hopes for this defense and he is one of the reasons why.

Awesome cover story in the STrib today detailing the difficult path that Brandon Kirksey and his family have overcome to get to the point they are at today. It's one of the "Only in your Sunday" Star Tribune profiles, so the link won't be up until Wednesday online, but it's a great read and worth picking up a copy if you don't get it or reading once the link is up this week.

Go Gophers!!

You should type it up quick

Coach Cross will have the D line ready, developing these young guys into a real nice unit..

Coach Cross will have the D line ready, developing these young guys into a real nice unit..

Agree. I can often be a bit pessimistic, and with the predictions of us finishing 10th or 11th by the "experts," I'm shocked how good I'm feeling about this team (even the offense). Can't wait for Sept 2nd.:)

Top Bottom