Great Stadium

GVBadger

Reaction score
1. TCF is a great place to watch a football game. Great sightlines, very intimate feel, great views. Noise stays in there pretty well. I don't think there are any bad seats in that place.

2. TCF, Mariucci and Williams across the street from each other have to be some of the finest facities in the country. It is a great look and something for the University to be very proud of. The football stadium there adds a tremendous amount to the area.

3. The victory walk is a cool tradition. Pretty well attended also. The McNamara Center adds to the whole area as well. I can't believe how different that entire area looks since I went to games there as a kid.

4. I would have built a bigger concourse, but what the heck do I know.

5. Best line from my 9 year old, "TCF is way better then the Dome, there are individual urinals."

6. I am disappointed I bought tickets at inflated prices 10 days ago. I could not give away 2 I had on the 50 before the game. There were so many tickets out there, it was amazing. I walked in with them.

7. Overall a great day and the game day experience is very good. Looking forward to coming back in two years when we go for number 8 in a row.:)

I was sitting home watching the game and was very impress by the new stadium .

Maybe it was the rain but the fans did not sound very loud most of the game, on TV you only heard any noise when Minny scored or when the Badgers give up the ball.

Its great to see college football back outside in Minny.

Good luck rest of the year.

Nice compliments GVBadger. Thanks. My badger wife had the same compliments. She really liked the victory walk. She's sad because she can't pick on our lack of stadium and atmosphere anymore. I'm not so sad.

Had some Badger fans in my row and the rows in front of me. Also, briefly met some at McNamara. All these fans were respectful and supported their team. We had a Minnesota fan who refused to sit at all for the first half because WI fans were sitting behind him, that's jerk behavior. Most fans seem to be fairly curteous unless they get Liquored up.

Agree on the stadium. It is beautiful and there is a lot of leg room in the seats. I got there early and did not have any of the delays that others spoke of, nor did I go to a concession stand.

What is the Victory Walk? I have heard this mentioned before, but never had it explained to me.

Of course, it's always better when you win! As one of the guys in our group said, "When you win, the beer is colder, the women are prettier, and your food tastes better."

Nice Stadium

Badger fan and UW Alumni here. I got to see the stadium while on a campus tour with my daughter. I thought it fit in very nice with the entire campus. Very impressive.

I will likely be making many more visits in that my daughter will likely attend UM next fall. Hope to get tickets :)

well i'm glad you liked the stadium and the campus...

1. TCF is a great place to watch a football game. Great sightlines, very intimate feel, great views. Noise stays in there pretty well. I don't think there are any bad seats in that place.

2. TCF, Mariucci and Williams across the street from each other have to be some of the finest facities in the country. It is a great look and something for the University to be very proud of. The football stadium there adds a tremendous amount to the area.

3. The victory walk is a cool tradition. Pretty well attended also. The McNamara Center adds to the whole area as well. I can't believe how different that entire area looks since I went to games there as a kid.

4. I would have built a bigger concourse, but what the heck do I know.

5. Best line from my 9 year old, "TCF is way better then the Dome, there are individual urinals."

6. I am disappointed I bought tickets at inflated prices 10 days ago. I could not give away 2 I had on the 50 before the game. There were so many tickets out there, it was amazing. I walked in with them.

7. Overall a great day and the game day experience is very good. Looking forward to coming back in two years when we go for number 8 in a row.:)

Thanks for the compliments GV. They don't allow me to despise Wisconsin any less than I do, especially after Saturday, which was about as disappointed as I have been in a long time with regardst to a football game, but I appreciate you winning w/class. I can't say that about all of the Badger fans, but the same would be said of Gopher fans had the shoe been on the other foot.

Our crew is planning a road trip to Camp Randall next year. I was in Madison a few weeks ago and walked around the outside, but was unable/didn't have time to go in. It's a big sum-buck, though!

The level of activity at the bars and the annoying drizzle of rain caused gameday scalpers to take a bath. Everyone I know who was going to see if they could get in decided they would rather watch the game at the bar. Ticket prices got so high in the last few weeks it kept a lot of people away who might have gone otherwise.

forestlaker

Was the guy standing up in section 237? If so, I saw that happen and support him. He made more noise supporting the Gophers than the rest of section 237 which sits down the whole game and just claps unless the people in front of them stand up for a play. Get off your butt and yell a little!! The 4 WI fans behind that guy was louder than 237 also. If you want to sit and just watch the game, watch it on TV. And don't get me started on the quiet section 238. Maybe we need to sell beer to get fans to cheer a little louder.

The game was entertaining.
of all the ways to lose....the almost came-back leaves the least bitter taste.

My section was almost completely void of Wisconsin fans and the ones I did see at the bars or on the sidewalk before and after the game were pretty well behaved and respectful.

and the ones I did see at the bars or on the sidewalk before and after the game were pretty well behaved and respectful.

As my group of Gopher fans were slowly walking away from the stadium with our heads down and our smiles turned upside down, a kindly Badger fan said to us, "nice effort, maybe next year will be better." I thanked him and continued to slowly walk away...head down and smile turned upside down. I like to think he meant it. :cry:

I had a nice convo with 2 badger fans on the WB shuttle after the game. Both of the Badgers sitting in front of me also seemed nice (though I doubt they enjoyed me clapping and yelling all game even if it was pretty clean comments). This is how most of my interactions at the rivalry games are. My problems are only with the drunk jerks, never the average fan.

My section was almost completely void of Wisconsin fans and the ones I did see at the bars or on the sidewalk before and after the game were pretty well behaved and respectful.

I was expecting the Badger fans to be as obnoxious as some of them are on internet message boards. It wasn't until they started to congregate in the unoccupied areas at the top of the top corners of the student section that they had a rowdy, foul-mouthed, unpleantly annoying crowd. That's also when they built up the nerve to make some noise. Of course, it looked like they may lose until the about the 4th quarter.

With the students packing-in on the first section every week and those corners being regularly unoccupied, I am expecting that Wisconsin fans will continue to make that their unofficial territory in future years.

I was expecting the Badger fans to be as obnoxious as some of them are on internet message boards. It wasn't until they started to congregate in the unoccupied areas at the top of the top corners of the student section that they had a rowdy, foul-mouthed, unpleantly annoying crowd. That's also when they built up the nerve to make some noise. Of course, it looked like they may lose until the about the 4th quarter.

With the students packing-in on the first section every week and those corners being regularly unoccupied, I am expecting that Wisconsin fans will continue to make that their unofficial territory in future years.

I expect that the U will figure out how to better fill those corners in future seasons (via selling more tickets, etc). That doesn't worry me much at all.

Top Bottom