Great season

What the hell were your expectations coming into the year?
No kidding? Did he think we'd be a #10 seed in the NCAA Tourney on opening day with 5 new faces after losing our top 3 scorers from last season?

When did I say they were worthless. If anyone needs to check their conduct it is you cncmin.

Please review the posts

------

Today, 10:10 PM
Replies: 29
Great season
Views: 151
Posted By walter
When did I take personal shots at anyone on the...

When did I take personal shots at anyone on the team?

Wow, you really ARE thick-skulled:

----------

Today, 09:35 PM
Replies: 19
Will anyone bolt?
Views: 227
Posted By walter
It would be fine by me if bostick, carter,...

It would be fine by me if bostick, carter, payton, hofarber, and busch all went with Shamala and Williams.

IMO - They are not worth the bench space

--------------

Today, 09:39 PM
Will anyone bolt?
Posted By walter
well neither one can score - Hoff should be at...

well neither one can score - Hoff should be at Augsburg - Carter should be at UNI or Winona St.

-------------

Today, 09:36 PM
Replies: 5
Thoughts
Views: 83
Posted By walter
DJ's worst game of the year - he could not make a...

DJ's worst game of the year - he could not make a 5 foot shot

Did he have Texas -4?

----------------

Oh, interesting, a personal shot of your own against another poster (hypocrite?):

01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Replies: 105
Killer Shot
Views: 5,557
Posted By walter
Thumbs up errr ummm

It doesn't change the fact that you are a complete d-bag.

-----------------

hope this helps.

I will, certainly, when you quit taking personal shots at the kids on the team. Deal?

You do realize, don't you, that if not the kids themselves, but friends and family members of those kids likely read this board, right? And if not them, members of the media do. I realize that this is a message board and you're entitled to your own opinion, and it's obvious that you think our players are worthless, but maybe on a public message board that kids or people close to those kids read, directly calling out the kids themselves is something that you could avoid? It's not like any of them didn't play their butts off, which then may be worth the personal callout. Thanks.

What the hell were your expectations coming into the year?

Well, I expected that Hoffarber and Nolen would improve - that didn't happen.

I expected that Bostick, as a Juco all-american, would be able to contribute in a significant way.

I expected that since Devoe was the last cut of the Canada Olympic team, that he would be more of a threat offensively.

The Team improved from last year.

I did not expect a Big 10 championship, but really we were 9-9 in the Big 10.

Here is the definitions of Mediocre, maybe some of you are taking this too personally.

1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
2. rather poor or inferior.

Great preview of things to come!

Considering we had a mediocre offense at best - this was truly a remarkable year and a great coaching job by Tubby.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Royce and Rodney can do as well as seeing Sampson and Iverson with about 15 pounds of muscle on them.

Tubby has made the Gophers fun again and that's the most important. The Sweet 16's and beyond will soon follow.

Wow, you really ARE thick-skulled:

----------

Today, 09:35 PM
Will anyone bolt?
Posted By walter
It would be fine by me if bostick, carter,...

It would be fine by me if bostick, carter, payton, hofarber, and busch all went with Shamala and Williams.

IMO - They are not worth the bench space

--------------

Today, 09:39 PM
Will anyone bolt?
Posted By walter
well neither one can score - Hoff should be at...

well neither one can score - Hoff should be at Augsburg - Carter should be at UNI or Winona St.

-------------

Today, 09:36 PM
Replies: 5
Thoughts
Views: 83
Posted By walter
DJ's worst game of the year - he could not make a...

DJ's worst game of the year - he could not make a 5 foot shot

Did he have Texas -4?

----------------

Oh, interesting, a personal shot of your own against another poster (hypocrite?):

01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Replies: 105
Killer Shot
Views: 5,557
Posted By walter
Thumbs up errr ummm

It doesn't change the fact that you are a complete d-bag.

-----------------

hope this helps.

bravo

Well, I expected that Hoffarber and Nolen would improve - that didn't happen.

I expected that Bostick, as a Juco all-american, would be able to contribute in a significant way.

I expected that since Devoe was the last cut of the Canada Olympic team, that he would be more of a threat offensively.

The Team improved from last year.

I did not expect a Big 10 championship, but really we were 9-9 in the Big 10.

Here is the definitions of Mediocre, maybe some of you are taking this too personally.

1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
2. rather poor or inferior.

So because these kids didn't play up to your personal expectations today and this year, that gives you the right to mock kids on a public forum? Sick.

So because these kids didn't play up to your personal expectations today and this year, that gives you the right to mock kids on a public forum? Sick.

i did not mock anyone - I just don't think some of these players are big ten quality - you believe otherwise.

Was this not DJ's worst game - I love DJ's game - this was simply one of his worst of the year.

Those players that I listed, that I wouldn't feel bad if they left. That is my personal opinion, I believe we could fill the bench with better players. If you feel that is a personal attack, then maybe you are too close to the program. (i.e. this is one of your kids/siblings/etc.) I am not attacking anyone personally, the question of if DJ had Texas -4 was a joke.

I don't think you know me well enough. No harm intended - I am just very frustrated with the shooting of this team and I do not believe I would categorize this season as great - good maybe - mediocre most likely.

It was good year because it got us going in the right direction! It's been a while since I've enjoyed a season as much as this one.

I didn't read any personal shots. He made his assessments of their play, not their characters. Many of the observations were accurate, some were not.

In two years the team has improved from lousy to a little above average. Next year they should be a good team. Those are big steps.

The guy who looks really bad in all of this is you.

I didn't read any personal shots. He made his assessments of their play, not their characters. Many of the observations were accurate, some were not.

In two years the team has improved from lousy to a little above average. Next year they should be a good team. Those are big steps.

The guy who looks really bad in all of this is you.

My thoughts exactly - thank you Jamiche:)

i did not mock anyone - I just don't think some of these players are big ten quality - you believe otherwise.

Was this not DJ's worst game - I love DJ's game - this was simply one of his worst of the year.

Those players that I listed, that I wouldn't feel bad if they left. That is my personal opinion, I believe we could fill the bench with better players. If you feel that is a personal attack, then maybe you are too close to the program. (i.e. this is one of your kids/siblings/etc.) I am not attacking anyone personally, the question of if DJ had Texas -4 was a joke.

I don't think you know me well enough. No harm intended - I am just very frustrated with the shooting of this team and I do not believe I would categorize this season as great - good maybe - mediocre most likely.

Maybe you'd feel differently tomorrow. How about wait a day to cool off and we'll continue on in a slightly happier fashion tomorrow without hammering on 18-21 yr olds.

Maybe you'd feel differently tomorrow. How about wait a day to cool off and we'll continue on in a slightly happier fashion tomorrow.

"Walter - I'm a player/captain/coach for a small league team that has lost only one game in the past 3 years - and that was the only game I missed. If I treated my teammates the way you treat people that do not perform up to your expectations, our team would be dysfunctional, my teammates would lose confidence, they would stop playing hard, and there would be infighting. People know when they aren't performing up to expectations. We know that many of the Gophers players didn't do as well as you, I, Tubby, or especially themselves would have liked. Yet, calling out players personally does not help matters. Now, obviously you don't think that you calling someone worthless on a public message board is a bad thing. I think it is, because this kind of thing tends to get back to people in one way or another. Next time, please express your disgust with the team without calling out kids personally. That's all I ask."

I never said anyone was worthless and did not call out kids personally.

Saying Hoffarber should be playing at Augsburg is doing both.

Maybe you have a problem with Augsburg.

A roughly 6'4" guy with limited quickness, average passing, and shooting - you may think that is personal but I think it is a fact and that a good fit would be Augsburg or any other the other MIAC schools.

There were many questions when Hoff came out of HS re: whether he was a B10 player.

That's not the point. The point is he said he didn't take shots at any players...which he clearly did.

There were many questions when Hoff came out of HS re: whether he was a B10 player.

And his 20+ minutes a game on a 40-RPI team as its best fundamental player, I think, has proven that he is a B10 player. Just MO. His role is most effective when other scorers are around to take the defensive pressure off of him. If we can get one or two guys that can get hot opposite Hoff next year, look out, he might be back to his Frosh 3-shooting levels. We all want him to shoot more/better. I can't see why he wouldn't.

More than anything, Hoff will be benefited by the offseason, just to regroup if nothing else, and start anew.

I think those were put to rest when Louisville, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Wash State, Vanderbilt, etc. offered him, not to mention setting the freshman 3-point record last year and being our 4th leading scorer as a freshman.

If those coaches think he can play in the Big East, ACC, Pac 10, and SEC, he's *probably* good enough for the Big 10.

That's not the point. The point is he said he didn't take shots at any players...which he clearly did.

I don't believe that Hoffarber played at a Big10 level. If he played this way at St. Thomas he would be the 7th/8th guy and get marginal minutes. However, I think Augsburg, Mac, Hamline, St. Johns could use him. I am just trying to be realistic about his abilities and also about the caliber of players that we should expect to see in Williams arena.

If he played this way at St. Thomas he would be the 7th/8th guy and get marginal minutes.
Um...read my post before yours.

Based on the fact that the #1 team in the country offered him a full-ride, he's *probably* better than the MIAC, just maybe.

I'd value Pitino's judgment over yours, no offense.

And based on those stats, I'd say a guy that is tied as your 3rd leading scorer at 7 pts/game, 3 rebounds/game, and 3rd best TO/assist ratio on the team definitely *belongs* in the Big 10.

come on really? - 7 pts a game - 3 rebounds and 40 TO's to 40 assists :rolleyes:

40 TO's to 40 assists :rolleyes:
Which is better than anyone on the team save Johnson & Nolen. And yes, TO's were a huge part of why Westbrook, Bostick, and Joseph struggled this year. You can hate on a 1:1 TO/assist ratio all you want.

I'm sure Tubby would've killed for the rest of team to have such a ratio this year.

Which is better than anyone on the team save Johnson & Nolen. And yes, TO's were a huge part of why Westbrook, Bostick, and Joseph struggled this year. You can hate on a 1:1 TO/assist ratio all you want.

I'm sure Tubby would've killed for the rest of team to have such a ratio this year.

Check Travis Busch at roughly half the minutes - 50% fg - 50% 3-pt and 21 - 10 Assist to TO ratio

The struggles of others does not mean Hoffarber did not as well.

Check Travis Busch at roughly half the minutes - 50% fg - 50% 3-pt and 21 - 10 Assist to TO ratio

The struggles of others does not mean Hoffarber did not as well.

Here is what I see with your posts. You have ripped on several players. You have, simple as that. You didn't call them names, but you certainly ripped on them. If you are cool with that then fine, but don't expect others to let it slide. Should others call you names? No! That was pretty lame as well, but it is the Net and that is going to happen.

My biggest issue with your logic is with your whole, should this or that player be in the Big Ten.. Hoff belongs in the big ten for sure. The kid had an off year. With better inside play, he will shine again. In fact, every player you ripped on belongs. This is the Big Ten you know--not exactly NBA talent on every team. If there is a kid who can play a little defense, or hit some threes, or rebound, then he belongs in the conference as a good bench player. Your expectations are out of this world if you think a player like Carter doesn't belong. Every coach in the conference would love to have him. To sum it up: You appear to have a pretty good opinion of yourself and your views. That's cool, but you are basically wrong with most of them.

Top Bottom