Great News! No more Dan Dakich!

Do you think Dakich will say something outrageous and politically incorrect that namby pambies will be offended by? Tune it to Sack Up and find out!

Life truly has become a Simpsons episode from the golden days of the '90s.

“Sack Up” is perfect for a guy who thinks he has a massive sack.

WTH is the Outkick Network? Am I missing something, or am I just old.
From the link below:

Outkick describes itself as a "fearless sports media company founded by Clay Travis." Travis boasts on his website that he is banned from appearing on ESPN and is known to frequently bash the network.

Dan Dakich gone as analyst at ESPN

Looks like he's keeping his Indianapolis radio show.

I enjoyed Dakich. He kept thing interesting and a change from typical announcers.
On occasion it made things interesting, but he and Bilas have become confused and believe that they are the entertainment.

Couldn’t tell you how many random games I turn off because one of those two are commentating and going on a multi possession soap box while ignoring the action. I rewatched the Kentucky-Duke game with original Pitino/Mash at the start of covid… wish like hell we could go back to that style of in-game coverage.

Dakich has obsessively tracked down his name referenced in this thread and will be answering back very soon.

I enjoyed Dakich. He kept thing interesting and a change from typical announcers.

Dakich could be really blunt, insightful and amusing and he could be insufferable many other times, it probably all depended on my mood or whether I agreed with what he was pushing that game. I'll sort of miss him, as there are not a whole lot of good, or at least mildly interesting commentators out there.

I used to consider Bilas to be more polished, careful version of Dakich, who tended to also go out on a limb, but he pretty much lost me when he did his part to push the Coach K PR narrative during the horrible start last year, when they tried to suggest the season should be shut down due to COVID for the good of the players, even though most players wanted to keep playing very badly. Bilas lost lot credibility that night (when I think MSU blew them out at CIS), after he sat in Coach K's office to soak it all in then went on TV that night and delivered all the Coach K talking points.

Last edited:

“Great News!”, should be saved for something that matters. Not the loss of some air bag who merely annoys.
Stuff like, we signed a 4*!, we beat Izzo!, or Ben locked up the top 3 Minnesota recruits!

Hoffarber for the win!

He always had an axe to grind with us after the famous Hoffarber buzzer beater vs. Indiana!

Last edited:

Top Bottom