Great Movie Quotes -- From Lesser Known Movies

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score

Disease: "I'm going to blow this place up!"

Cobretti: "Go ahead, I don't shop here."

Danny DeVito in Heist:

Everybody needs money. That's why they call it money.

Go Gophers!!

Best in Show / Shari Ann Cabot, "We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas..."

Pardoned!? That's a gas! We ain't even been arrested yet.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Rowdy Roddy Piper - "They Live." A great paranoid sci-fi thriller.
perfect!

that movie gave us this meme:

studiocanal-OPTi2842-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-GB-1483993666239._SX1080_.jpg

and inspired this scene:

Still love to recite this one from Kentucky Fried Movie.

tango & cash was said to be a movie written almost entirely in one-liners. released in 1989, it came at the end of the greatest decade for action movies and one-liners. the early 90s continued to see some of the best action movies of all time and some of the greatest one-liners of all time (T2 Judgement Day, Total Recall, Die Hard 2, Speed, Heat, Bad Boys, etc). However, IMO, it was Bad Boys that signaled the beginning of the end of the great action adventure movie. The late 90s ushered in the days of "Bayhem" and the commodification of the action movie, ironically beginning with Bad Boys 2, a good action adventure movie, but the beginning of reboots, retools, and worst of all remakes. Hollywood seemed to lose all originality, even if we get the occasional glimmer of hope with movies like Sicario, the Dark Knight, Mad Max: Fury Road. I'm not sure what it was about the 80s and early 90s that led to such a boom of intriguing action adventure movies and if it could happen again. I've lost pretty much all faith in Hollywood, but that could be my nostalgia.

anyway, Tango & Cash opening scene trying too hard:

No bucks, no Buck Rogers!

The Right Stuff

And the Capital of Nebraska’s Lincoln! I have said that a million times.

One of my all-time favs, an underrated 80's classic; "Making The Grade"

"Making The Grade

Palmer Woodrow: "What do you recommend?"
Caddy: "Lessons"
PW: "I mean what club, asshole"
Caddy: "If I were you, I'd stick to kicking"
PW: "If you were me, you wouldn't be a caddy

There was an Australian comedy in the 70's called "Don's Party."

basic plot - it's election night in Australia, and a bunch of people get together to watch the returns. People start getting drunk and wacky stuff follows.

One of my favorites - two men are complimenting each other on something, and one of the women looks at them and says "why don't you just lick each other's assholes?"

said in an Australian accent, it was really funny.

3 Ninjas

"first we feast, then we felony."

Top Bottom