Great Job Gopher Fans

So great to watch a Bowl Game and see lots of Gopher fans there. The "Row the boat" chant after we sealed it was fantastic!

and became the 12th man.

let’s be careful of copying another College Football team’s traditions. We have plenty of our own to pull from Ski-U-Mah and now RTB.

Plus if A&M sees you referencing this they will send you a cease and desist order and sue you. Just like they did to the Seattle Seahawks and they won in court.

Agreed. The turnout was great. I wish I could been there but it didn't work out.

Awesome fan turnout. Little Fleck got plenty of screen time.

Ski-U-Mah!

Thanks...ya'll :)

It was a great atmosphere. Loud crowd, band was awesome, many awesome memories made! I can't wait to watch on DVR when I get home!

Thanks...ya'll :)

It was a great atmosphere. Loud crowd, band was awesome, many awesome memories made! I can't wait to watch on DVR when I get home!

Loved every minute ! Gopher fans were into this game big time. This experience helped heal some old painful memories and replace them with winning ones !

It was a great atmosphere at the game. The vast majority of fans were very involved at all the right times.

The one thing we noticed though was the Auburn band was totally involved in the game. But we didn't see our band anywhere during the game itself.

It was a great atmosphere at the game. The vast majority of fans were very involved at all the right times.

The one thing we noticed though was the Auburn band was totally involved in the game. But we didn't see our band anywhere during the game itself.
What do you mean?

I listened to the first quarter on the radio and watched the rest on TV. Especially on radio it sounded like a home game from the crowd noise. I am not sure how many Gopher fans were there, but it sure sounded loud!

Didn't hurt that this game was close to Minnesota Snow-Bird central! Nice showing...it did look like a home game on TV.

Some of the more pin head younger Gopher fans commented earlier in the season that maybe the old farts should just stop coming to the games if they do not want to stand for every second of the game. Yesterday, at the game, in the real world, the older Gopher fans were at the game in their many, many ?‍♂️thousands. There were many younger fans for sure, and all the fans had a great and good time, but without the older fans their would have been no real Gopher Nation at the game.

What do you mean?
His post is actually rather funny if you were at the game. He was seated opposite the Auburn band so he saw and heard them, while many Gopher fans were seated such that they could not really see or much hear the Gopher band. Most Gopher fans were seated right around our band and we heard them throughout the game. The band was, as always, just great.

His post is actually rather funny if you were at the game. He was seated opposite the Auburn band so he saw and heard them, while many Gopher fans were seated such that they could not really see or much hear the Gopher band. Most Gopher fans were seated right around our band and we heard them throughout the game. The band was, as always, just great.
I heard the band, loud and proud, on the television all game. I was so thrilled to see the great turnout and hear the volume.

It was just a few years ago when all of the naysayers said Minnesota did not travel well. Well do any teams travel well when they are playing in lower level bowl games in Detroit, Tempe, El Paso, Houston, or Nashville?

You win games and get people excited and Minnesota fans will travel very well.

The whole state of Minnesota would travel to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl if they could.

let’s be careful of copying another College Football team’s traditions. We have plenty of our own to pull from Ski-U-Mah and now RTB.

Plus if A&M sees you referencing this they will send you a cease and desist order and sue you. Just like they did to the Seattle Seahawks and they won in court.

The first recorded reference of use of 12th man dates back to University of Minnesota

Some of the more pin head younger Gopher fans commented earlier in the season that maybe the old farts should just stop coming to the games if they do not want to stand for every second of the game. Yesterday, at the game, in the real world, the older Gopher fans were at the game in their many, many ?‍♂️thousands. There were many younger fans for sure, and all the fans had a great and good time, but without the older fans their would have been no real Gopher Nation at the game.

I'm glad to hear you wont need hip replacement surgery after the bowl game

The first recorded reference of use of 12th man dates back to University of Minnesota

Well then they should have Trademarked it. As it stands now A&M owns it, and they will sue you over it.

Now if we pay them, they might share.

The Seattle Seahawks will pay $140,000 to Texas A&M for limited rights to the school's "12th Man" trademark as part of a new five-year deal announced Thursday between the two parties.

this was back in 2016

I could see most of the stadium from my seats. My wife and I looked for the band and couldn't locate them anywhere. We didn't see or hear them at all during the game - only before and at halftime. The Auburn band was very visible and active during most breaks in the action.

Where was our band located?

I could see most of the stadium from my seats. My wife and I looked for the band and couldn't locate them anywhere. We didn't see or hear them at all during the game - only before and at halftime. The Auburn band was very visible and active during most breaks in the action.

I think that had to do with acoustics. I was in Section 110 and the Auburn band was as clear as day because they were basically across the stadium from us. The noise projected straight across. Our band, on the other hand, was to the right of us. Difficult to hear, especially when the rouser was playing.

It appeared that the bands played over each other on virtually every time out and band playing situation when they were each seating in their respective locations. At first I wondered if there was bad blood between the two bands left over from the battle of the bands events...ha ha

Well then they should have Trademarked it. As it stands now A&M owns it, and they will sue you over it.

Now if we pay them, they might share.

The Seattle Seahawks will pay $140,000 to Texas A&M for limited rights to the school's "12th Man" trademark as part of a new five-year deal announced Thursday between the two parties.

this was back in 2016

I don't think we are all that into the whole Trademarking shit. Otherwise we could have trademarked

cheerleading,
the internet,
the phrase "surfing the net",
maybe the 4 man backfield?

What other sh1t did UMn or a UMn alum invent that we just shared with the rest of the world?

Imagine if the UMn grad that worked on the Transistor had more of a business mind to him? He could have made a little money off of Silicone Valley, dontcha think?

It was a sea of maroon & gold along the parade route the night before - Probably 4:1 ratio. The game itself was 60/40, but we had more to cheer for.

We sit directly across the field from the band at The Bank, and we can barely hear them during the game. The band is a fun loving group of volunteers, but the university needs to address the poor quality of our marching band. They are bad at marching, mostly because they're always goofing around and the arrangements musically inept. They also need to nix the color guard, they are unnecessary and have been bad since the 80's. Say what you want about Bucky, but their band blows the doors off of ours. The AU band is incredible BTW.

Top Bottom