Great job, Eric Curry

Career high in points with the 22, previous best was 19 against Michigan State the second time Gophers played them this season.
Career high in FG attempts with 19. Previous high 14 was against Michigan State the first time the Gophers played them this season. (Think that's correct.)
Has hit double figures in 7 games this year. Previous to this season had done it 8 times.

I would think so, and if we can't get a another pf, convince him one more year
I imagine "we don't have enough guys so you'll have to suit up for practice every day...so you might as well play" was an effective argument.

Fun to see him sink that 3. He continues to be my favorite Gopher to root for this season.

I imagine "we don't have enough guys so you'll have to suit up for practice every day...so you might as well play" was an effective argument.

I mean....if there's a reasonable chance that Curry could land on staff after his playing career.....you have to think that this would be a convincing reason to play another year. Sure....he wouldn't be on the payroll.....but he'd already be around the team.

Doesn't seem like it would be crazy for him to play another year if it would benefit the team and program that he'll be coaching for.

I mean....if there's a reasonable chance that Curry could land on staff after his playing career.....you have to think that this would be a convincing reason to play another year. Sure....he wouldn't be on the payroll.....but he'd already be around the team.

Doesn't seem like it would be crazy for him to play another year if it would benefit the team and program that he'll be coaching for.
I'm not sure I could handle all the PhD jokes from announcers if he comes back.

Wasn’t he already going to be on staff this year? Assume BJ will honour that offer whenever Curry is done playing.

I could see him come back next year in a much more limited roll. Essentially serve as a player/coach.

Wasn’t he already going to be on staff this year? Assume BJ will honour that offer whenever Curry is done playing.

I could see him come back next year in a much more limited roll. Essentially serve as a player/coach.

Yes....I believe he was going to be a graduate assistant....which means he was still a student. Guessing that once he actually graduates....he'd need a more firm position than that.

I meant regarding this year. He was going to be a grad assistant and likely would have been asked to suit up in 5 on 5 for practice anyway once Fox and Ihnen went down. So might as well play.

I meant regarding this year. He was going to be a grad assistant and likely would have been asked to suit up in 5 on 5 for practice anyway once Fox and Ihnen went down. So might as well play.

Right. I am talking about next year. We're going to be in the same situation....with a light and inexperienced front court. All depends on what Curry's plans are. At this point....he's in his mid 20's. If he has a future coaching and Johnson plans to bring him onto the staff (not as a graduate assistant) when he's done with school.....he may be willing to play another year. If not....he might not want to put off another year of getting his career going.

Curry is fun to watch this year. I’m trying to think of who to compare him to (gophers in recent memory). Combo of Ralph Sampson/Mo Walker? Nice mid range game, good footwork, crafty in the post, smart, skilled, can bang a bit, but pretty finesse. Doesn’t do anything spectacular, but can affect the game in a lot of ways.

Wait...I though he was already a super-senior
Not exactly how it is listed on the Gophersports site but guessing this is how he has another year potentially.

2016-17 - Played as a True Freshman - Year 1
2017-18 - Medical Redshirt - Year 2
2018-19 - Played about half the season - Year 3
2019-20 - Injured - Year 4
2020-21 - Played - Year 5
2021-22 - Played - Year 6 granted due to medical
2022-23 - Potential Year 7 due to Covid

We have seen over on the football side that the old rule used to be 5 years to play 4 and with Covid it is essentially now 6 years to play 5 with some guys getting a 7th year to play a max of 5 due to injury. This would make sense with Curry since he is currently playing just his 4th season even though it feels like he has been here for about 10 years at this point. :)

Shrewsberry said it out loud in his post-game remarks: their defensive game plan was to focus on stopping Willis and Battle and make the rest of the team beat them. That meant opportunities for Curry, and he made good and then some. If he doesn't step up, the game is lost. Huge game by the senior and more recognition of how key he is to this team and how he stepped into the void by coming back for another year of competition.

On senior day fans need to applaud him like he's an All-American. Will go down as one of my favorite Gophers.
Yep, one of those guys that won't get his number retired or have a banner hanging from the rafters, but anyone that is a fan of this team should have a soft spot for Eric Curry and all he has gone through during his time at the U.

Has been very fun to see him able to play at a high level and really help the team here late in his career.

Top Bottom