Great F....... News

getthemall

Reaction score
I just saved a crapload of money switching to GEICO...Old but the timing was good.

Bill Miller was in Miami On Tuesday. WR D. Joyner (STUD, speed, Hands, moves) spoke to Coach and told him he wasn't to happy with WVU. Lets not get excited yet, but he will be visiting with the MIAMI 4 in 3 weeks.This Kid is the starting WR for the Miami Central Rockets. The real deal. The GO TO GUY.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I imagine the imminent collapse of the Big East has him worried. Kids don't want to play in perceived sub par league if they don't have a choice.

I imagine the imminent collapse of the Big East has him worried. Kids don't want to play in perceived sub par league if they don't have a choice.

Kill and staff need to go hard at these east coast kids that are committed or considering Big East schools.

It's always nice to add playmakers, but we do have Jamel harbison coming in and already have Marcus Jones if Dee came we would have three of these guys all under 6 ft tall. But, you can't have enough playmakers on a team that is this desperate for speed.

That being said it would be an awsome addition, but would also love to see a 6'2 6'3 physical type of reciever get recruited as well.

getthemall,

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters on the board. Thank you for all the updates!

The addition of Coach Miller to Kill's staff is appearing to be quite successful.

It's always nice to add playmakers, but we do have Jamel harbison coming in and already have Marcus Jones if Dee came we would have three of these guys all under 6 ft tall. But, you can't have enough playmakers on a team that is this desperate for speed.

That being said it would be an awsome addition, but would also love to see a 6'2 6'3 physical type of reciever get recruited as well.

We'll have Freuchte and Hinds for the bigger receiver. As long as a kid is tough and can jump height is overrated in college WR's. You might not be throwing them fades all day like Wheelwright, Decker, or McKnight, but they can make plays regardless of height.

I here you. But he isn't like Jones. I think Joyner could play on the outside. Harbison is 6'0", DCT is 6'2", Fruechte is 6'3". I'm not disagreeing with you though, we could use another larger WR too. But like you said, we need playmakers and this kid is a playmaker.

For those who are interested, here is his highlights last year at his HS in Georgia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSWPqxK1yb4

Let us also not forget two of our best corners in recent history started as slot receivers...Marcus Sherrels now playing for the Vikes and hopefully returning next week against the Huskers Troy Stoudemire. Lots of things can change in college...including positions...but you don't see 4.8 guys turn into 4.4 guys...it just doesn't happen...so get as much speed as you can and then figure out where to put it. Slots turn into CBs, CBs turn into safeties and safeties turn into LBs and LBs turn into DEs or TEs, etc. You get the idea...speed kills!

Let us also not forget two of our best corners in recent history started as slot receivers...Marcus Sherrels now playing for the Vikes and hopefully returning next week against the Huskers Troy Stoudemire. Lots of things can change in college...including positions...but you don't see 4.8 guys turn into 4.4 guys...it just doesn't happen...so get as much speed as you can and then figure out where to put it. Slots turn into CBs, CBs turn into safeties and safeties turn into LBs and LBs turn into DEs or TEs, etc. You get the idea...speed kills!

I tend to agree with you Philly. I think this kid would obviously have our interest anyway, being the caliber of football player he is. But there simply aren't that many human beings in the world who can get to 180 ish lbs and be that fast. Get him, find a position for him. That's similar to how I feel about Larson from Eden Praire...200 lbs and an official electronic timed 4.6....get him and find a position for him.

I know he isn't as big as a Calvin Johnson or so, but he does have 4.30-4.35 speed. That has got to mean something. PR/KR open up the field on 2 and 3 and long. He is a playmaker for sure.

I know he isn't as big as a Calvin Johnson or so, but he does have 4.30-4.35 speed. That has got to mean something. PR/KR open up the field on 2 and 3 and long. He is a playmaker for sure.

With out current team and his level of talent, he could be 5'7" and we'd be interested in him. He would help us a ton. I think some other people are just commenting that two of our only bright spots this season are other guys who are probably best in the slot (M. Jones and Moulton). I think this kid is big enough to play on the outside though.

By the way, will you describe Hinojosa as a player. I haven't seen any highlight videos and haven't been able to get any idea what kind of DT he is. Thanks!

Below is an article by SCOUT/SUNSTATESPORTS.COM about Jordan Hinojosa. Below that article is another one bt Mike Bakas from Scout. Mike was the first article written after he committed to MN. Below the article are 3 videos of Jordan. I can tell you how good he is till I'm blue in the face, but see and read it and let me know. He is not the best DT in the country, but a hell of a ball player. Rivals has him Ranked #13 best defensive lineman in the state and the #122 player overall in the state(Florida Varsity.com

Sunshine State Standouts

Defensive Player of the Week

Jordan Hinojosa, DT, Miami Central

The 6'2, 280 pound Minnesota commit has a non-stop motor. Whether it was busting into the backfield to make another play behind the line of scrimmage or pursuing down the line he showed why he is a BCS D-1 commit. Hinojosa has a great feel for the position and uses his hands like a savvy veteran to get off of blocks. He has good size today and should be able to add 20-30 additional pounds at the next level. He is not a player that is well known in recruiting circles, but that might change as he is playing for one of the top teams in the state. He seems to love to play the game and you are looking at an active player with the ability to make impact plays at the next level. Terrific pick-up for the Gopher's(who have three other commits from this team).

http://hsflorida.scout.com/2/1115650.html

The above article written on 10/8/2011

Mike's Take: Minnesota DL commit By: Mike Bakas 8/26/11

What to Like: Jordan Hinojosa is a good high school football player from one of the state's top prep programs -- Miami Central. He played last season at Archbishop Carroll High, where he finished the season with good production numbers. He had 68 tackles and 14 sacks. Hinojosa plays with a good motor and he never stops going hard. He plays with good strength and shows the ability to come off the edge and get to the quarterback. He bull rushes a lot but he also has some moves and knows how to use his hands. Athletically, he did some good things at various camps and combines this summer and that's part of the reason why he ended up getting recruited the way he did.
What may concern you: At 6-foot-3 and 275 pounds, he's not the biggest interior DL prospect around. He's probably outgrown the defensive end position already, which means he'll need to continue bulking up to play D-Tackle at the college level. He's had good production numbers playing small school football. Now at Miami Central, we'll get to see if he can do it at the highest prep level. That remains to be seen. He's not flashy and is more of a get-the-job-done type of player at this level.

Bottom Line: Minnesota is getting one of the top defensive tackle prospects from the Miami area. With offers from other schools like West Virginia, Wake Forest, and Michigan State, Hinojosa was recruited like a low end three-star prospect. This has to be considered another quality pickup for the Gophers in south Florida.

The above article was written on 8/26

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1758376366886
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1722229903247
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1711130025757

We do not have players of that perceived caliber. Beggers cannot be choosers and I will take a legit speed receiver from one of the elite schools in Florida any day of the week. Sign him up. PLEASE SIGN HIM UP! Hell, bring some more from there if you can.

Is he related to Lamarcus Joyner, the 5 star Corner that choose Florida St. last year?

I didn't mean for it to sound like I did't want him. WE NEED HIM!!! I think we could also use a larger jump ball type of reciever like Decker was as well, thats all.

It would be really nice to have a Harbison, Dee Joyner combination for years to come!!!

Here are some Jamel Harbison Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYfq2eC4p7Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIfzqkaQOCs

Really nice Commit for the Gophs

Stoudermire started his college career at CB.

It's important to build depth, which this team is lacking. Take as many people as you can, then move them around/have them wait on the bench until better players are out of the system.

[ wait on the bench until better players are out of the system.[/QUOTE]

???? So... we have better players. LOL. I get what you're saying and completely agree.

No worries about the other WRs. He will still get his reps if he comes here. We don't even have enough receivers to run the O the way the coaches want to run it. If he comes, he'll more than get his shot.

Damn...I thought there was news that MacTuri was canned!

This is very good news, they need all the playmakers/athletes they can get.

Below is an article by SCOUT/SUNSTATESPORTS.COM about Jordan Hinojosa. Below that article is another one bt Mike Bakas from Scout. Mike was the first article written after he committed to MN. Below the article are 3 videos of Jordan. I can tell you how good he is till I'm blue in the face, but see and read it and let me know. He is not the best DT in the country, but a hell of a ball player. Rivals has him Ranked #13 best defensive lineman in the state and the #122 player overall in the state(Florida Varsity.com

Sunshine State Standouts

Defensive Player of the Week

Jordan Hinojosa, DT, Miami Central

The 6'2, 280 pound Minnesota commit has a non-stop motor. Whether it was busting into the backfield to make another play behind the line of scrimmage or pursuing down the line he showed why he is a BCS D-1 commit. Hinojosa has a great feel for the position and uses his hands like a savvy veteran to get off of blocks. He has good size today and should be able to add 20-30 additional pounds at the next level. He is not a player that is well known in recruiting circles, but that might change as he is playing for one of the top teams in the state. He seems to love to play the game and you are looking at an active player with the ability to make impact plays at the next level. Terrific pick-up for the Gopher's(who have three other commits from this team).

http://hsflorida.scout.com/2/1115650.html

The above article written on 10/8/2011

Mike's Take: Minnesota DL commit By: Mike Bakas 8/26/11

What to Like: Jordan Hinojosa is a good high school football player from one of the state's top prep programs -- Miami Central. He played last season at Archbishop Carroll High, where he finished the season with good production numbers. He had 68 tackles and 14 sacks. Hinojosa plays with a good motor and he never stops going hard. He plays with good strength and shows the ability to come off the edge and get to the quarterback. He bull rushes a lot but he also has some moves and knows how to use his hands. Athletically, he did some good things at various camps and combines this summer and that's part of the reason why he ended up getting recruited the way he did.
What may concern you: At 6-foot-3 and 275 pounds, he's not the biggest interior DL prospect around. He's probably outgrown the defensive end position already, which means he'll need to continue bulking up to play D-Tackle at the college level. He's had good production numbers playing small school football. Now at Miami Central, we'll get to see if he can do it at the highest prep level. That remains to be seen. He's not flashy and is more of a get-the-job-done type of player at this level.

Bottom Line: Minnesota is getting one of the top defensive tackle prospects from the Miami area. With offers from other schools like West Virginia, Wake Forest, and Michigan State, Hinojosa was recruited like a low end three-star prospect. This has to be considered another quality pickup for the Gophers in south Florida.

The above article was written on 8/26

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1758376366886
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1722229903247
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1711130025757

If I remember correctly in another thread you said you were the father of a DT MN commit from Miami who had offers from WVU, MSU and W. Mich. Are you Jordan's father?

Top Bottom