Great Chip Scoggins column: A switch in position, but not in personality for U's Gray

BleedGopher

Reaction score
The Gophers' MarQueis Gray never became the elite Big Ten QB he'd hoped, but his attitude is always team-first.

"I know what's expected of me," he said. "I'm held in high regard on this team. I want to make sure the guys see me as a leader and not a selfish guy, so it wasn't hard at all for me to switch from quarterback to receiver."

"A lot of coaching changes, a lot of playbooks, I've been through it all," he said. "But I'm happy that I decided to come to this school. With everything that's happened, I have no regrets coming here."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/179045021.html

Go Gophers!!

The Gophers' MarQueis Gray never became the elite Big Ten QB he'd hoped, but his attitude is always team-first.

"I know what's expected of me," he said. "I'm held in high regard on this team. I want to make sure the guys see me as a leader and not a selfish guy, so it wasn't hard at all for me to switch from quarterback to receiver."

"A lot of coaching changes, a lot of playbooks, I've been through it all," he said. "But I'm happy that I decided to come to this school. With everything that's happened, I have no regrets coming here."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/179045021.html

Go Gophers!!

How can any true Gopher fan not respect, admire and love MarQueis Gray. His attitude and cooperation are truly admirable. He will make a great employee for some employer in the future after his playing days are over.

How can any true Gopher fan not respect, admire and love MarQueis Gray. His attitude and cooperation are truly admirable. He will make a great employee for some employer in the future after his playing days are over.

+1,000,000. Couldn't be more spot on. It will be a sad day on Senior day to watch him run out on the field for the last time as a Gopher! :( Hoping he finds some great success in the NFL or somewhere else. He certainly deserves it. Couldn't ask for a better representative for the football program and the University of Minnesota combined.

what a class act in every aspect of this program, such a great leader!! You rock mr. gray!!! Thanks for your commitment to this program!

ditto. Hope he has a great game before he leaves us. Hundred yards or a couple of touchdowns - or both. With a win, of course.

Top Bottom