Great basketball segment on 60 Minutes tonight

Recruiting kids from this school would be great...you know the kid puts the team before his personal motives and has a tough skin to handle anything if he can handle a coach like that...I'd want to play for him too.

Kids go there for the academics as well. Good decision on the part of the parents and I would guess going there makes parenting a bit easier.

I haven't seen the 60 Minutes piece yet (thanks for including the link Donovan), but I read the book The Miracle of St. Anthony a couple years ago and it was an outstanding read on Coach Hurley and the St. Anthony's school and basketball program. I'd recommend it to anyone.

There's also this documentary (also, I haven't seen, but looks compelling):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1162126/

The documentary is very solid. It pretty much recaps their 2008 (I think) season. They had Tyshawn Taylor (Kansas), Mike Rosario (Rutgers then transferred to Florida this year), and other very good players. They had a Junior that year that went on to play at Villanova. Pretty compelling story. It's on Netflix instant watch if anybody has it.

I loved this piece on 60 minutes - only 2 kids out of 39 years of players didn't go to college. How is that even possible? I just wish he could touch more kids and be an influence on them.

Hopefully this piece will get them a little more visibility and donors to keep St. Anthony going...it certainly looked like they could use some $.

Top Bottom