Gray will be 1 for 1 next week

CWCWCW

Reaction score
It's time for THE play. It's 3rd and 6. Gophers on their own 42. Nelson swings a pass to the right that is behind the line of scrimmage. Gray catches the ball and looks like he is going to go deep. At the last moment, he turns and there is a wide open Phillip Nelson on the left side of the field. He catches the ball and runs for a long gain.
No thank you is necessary, Mr. Limegrover. A win over the Spartans is all that is necessary.

Why not alternate Q & Nelson at the QB or as a dual QB next week? We've got our best power running threat playing WR. Why not mix it up more often? Let's try to get another victory. Q can be the difference maker against a team whose back is against the wall in a must win game.

Like someone mentioned in another thread ... I don't know why they showed that package with Gray in a blow-out loss. I would think they would like to surprise the next team and not let them be prepared for that package.

Only problem is when Gray comes in you know he is going to run the ball. Michigan State should stuff that.

Gray seems to be able to get two when you need two.

Like someone mentioned in another thread ... I don't know why they showed that package with Gray in a blow-out loss. I would think they would like to surprise the next team and not let them be prepared for that package.

It is not like Gray is an unknown commodity. If a team sees Gray come in under center they are going to know there is a very good chance he is going to run the ball. I can understand hiding it if it involved a player the other team would not have a scouting report on but teams already know what Gray is capable of.

package for Gray

I have a different view of exposing the 'Gray package' the week before Michigan State. It sets up a Gray pass perfectly. They have to respect the run, they'll be expecting a run, which should loosen things up downfield.

Top Bottom