Gray is Future 1st Round NFL WR

If true what a waste...we need a QB that can run 4.4 and throw accurately.

My guess is this is an attempt to set the groundwork for a move. He has Alipate and Pride available at QB, and Gray is talented and athletic enough to excel elsewhere. He just might require some selling.

Brew is def. laying the foundation to move Gray to WR. That was the sole purpose of this statement.

The fact that two of our young players are being discussed as top-10 NFL draft picks in a couple years shows the recruiting/talent upgrade since Brewster became coach.

What I don't understand is if Hageman is such a beast, how is it he is not in the starting lineup? It's not like he's stuck on the depth chart behind an upperclassman, I see fellow RFr Garin got the start. What's the story?

What I don't understand is if Hageman is such a beast, how is it he is not in the starting lineup? It's not like he's stuck on the depth chart behind an upperclassman, I see fellow RFr Garin got the start. What's the story?

I believe that Hageman is still learning the position. He was recruited as a TE and is now playing DE. It is a pretty radical change and will require learning. Specifically, he will need to learn how to read on OL's block, shed the block and make a tackle. Not easy stuff when all you have been doing since HS is blocking and catching passes. I think we will see a lot more of Hageman as the season progresses.

He will never be a First round pick if we only throw 4 passes in his direction each game.

The fact that two of our young players are being discussed as top-10 NFL draft picks in a couple years shows the recruiting/talent upgrade since Brewster became coach.

Not to rain on the "our talent is godlike" parade, but the only one talking about top-10 draft pick and any Minnesota player is Brewster. This does not show that our talent has been upgraded. It only shows that our coach likes talking about his recruits based solely on their physical attributes.

The game plan was to combat MTSU with Dasher. They went with Speed ends instead of power. That is all there was to it. Garin is faster than Hageman and technically superior. Don't read any more into than that.

The game plan was to combat MTSU with Dasher. They went with Speed ends instead of power. That is all there was to it. Garin is faster than Hageman and technically superior. Don't read any more into than that.

A curious gameplan given that Dasher was ruled ineligible nearly a week before the game.

Hint: Brewster is a hype machine

Hint: Pretty much none of his hype has ever panned out

Boy, wolf, etc

I think they just need to have Gray start practicing at WR fulltime. It's clear from the coaches perspective that Weber is going to be the starter so have Gray spend all his time with the WR's. We need to get as many athletes on the field as we can. I think Mcknight, Stoudlemire, and Gray have huge potential at WR. Plus, Green would be a really good fourth reciever. With all the talk about running the ball I think the recievers will still make big contributions this years. The group is just too talented not to make a difference.

Those were the words of Brewster:

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2010/09/how-much-will-marqueis-gray-im.html

It would appear from this statement by Coach Brewster that he may want to develop Gray into a receiver and he has other plans at qb. That is a very bold statement to make if you plan develop Gray as a qb.

Why would you ever believe anything that comes out of his pie hole? He's been lying through his teeth since he got here.

Gray has no chance to be a #1 pick at wr in the NFL draft. Maybe in the UFL, but no chance in the NFL. That doesn't mean we won't keep using him at receiver. We may and he may do okay here. It would be nicer if he had someone that could throw to him, but we can't help that.

first off do we even know if Gray has any hands? And second off who ever thinks he is this great QB must be a moron, because A: he fumbles way to much, and B: if he can't beat out terrible Adam Weber then he must not be that great. And if you think Brewster is just being to loyal to Weber to give him a chance you are crazy, because brewster's seat is so hot right he can't even sit down for more then a minute at a time.

Why would you ever believe anything that comes out of his pie hole? He's been lying through his teeth since he got here.

Gray has no chance to be a #1 pick at wr in the NFL draft. Maybe in the UFL, but no chance in the NFL. That doesn't mean we won't keep using him at receiver. We may and he may do okay here. It would be nicer if he had someone that could throw to him, but we can't help that.

I don't know how someone can be lying when they are giving their opinion. I could say that I believe the Gophers will win 10 games this year. It may not happen but that doesn't make me a liar.

A curious gameplan given that Dasher was ruled ineligible nearly a week before the game.

The team is the team. They were geared for Dasher, thre trained to have Dasher. Because they didn't have him and had Kilgore, didntt allow them to bring in a new team. It's only one player. It was the correct call to continue with the original game plan.

And I'll need to remind you that we were pretty effective. Our deficiencies on D was tackling, most notably the LB"s and safeties, not DE's.

I don't know how someone can be lying when they are giving their opinion. I could say that I believe the Gophers will win 10 games this year. It may not happen but that doesn't make me a liar.

Totally agree. But that is not how the the original post quoted him. They quoted "Gray IS future 1st round pick". That is not stated like opinion. And truth be told, I believe your opinion over Brew's anyway, as I don't believe he's honest with the media or the fans.

As usual someone gets it wrong...

Hint: Brewster is a hype machine

Hint: Pretty much none of his hype has ever panned out

Boy, wolf, etc

Do you remember what happened at the end of the Boy/Wolf story? You got it, the wolf came and everybody paid for it.
Don't be obtuse. I love you all, Brew says this, Brew said that....Is your choice Gloomy Gil Dobie?
Great coach, Played at the "U", but wildly famous for his defeatist attitude. Do you think that would fly in this type of media culture?

Totally agree. But that is not how the the original post quoted him. They quoted "Gray IS future 1st round pick". That is not stated like opinion. And truth be told, I believe your opinion over Brew's anyway, as I don't believe he's honest with the media or the fans.

It is always opinion if stating it as fact is impossible. Given the future has not happened, it can only be opinion. Unless of course you believe Brewster can predict the future.

The team is the team. They were geared for Dasher, thre trained to have Dasher. Because they didn't have him and had Kilgore, didntt allow them to bring in a new team. It's only one player. It was the correct call to continue with the original game plan.

And I'll need to remind you that we were pretty effective. Our deficiencies on D was tackling, most notably the LB"s and safeties, not DE's.

The team is the team? Isn't the whole question why Hageman didn't play? And if the coaching staff can't develop and implement a new game plan in a week, that doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

It's not about whether the game plan was effective. It about whether the explanation of that game plan is why Hageman didn't play. I'm just saying it makes no sense that they played a DE STRICTLY because he was better suited to defend a player that they knew fora week wouldn't play

The team is the team? Isn't the whole question why Hageman didn't play? And if the coaching staff can't develop and implement a new game plan in a week, that doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

It's not about whether the game plan was effective. It about whether the explanation of that game plan is why Hageman didn't play. I'm just saying it makes no sense that they played a DE STRICTLY because he was better suited to defend a player that they knew fora week wouldn't play

Who's saying MTSU played a different game plan? The only had a different QB. We sought to contain him. We did with the exception of one play. The game plan was good, and effective. They didn't choose unwisely. The game plan called for faster DE's it was stated prior to Dasher being officially ruled out. It was a reasonal decision made by those with the most information and expertise to make the decision.

Quit reading more into it than that. Hageman played. Big deal he didn't start. don't hurt yourself over this.

Who's saying MTSU played a different game plan? The only had a different QB. We sought to contain him. We did with the exception of one play. The game plan was good, and effective. They didn't choose unwisely. The game plan called for faster DE's it was stated prior to Dasher being officially ruled out. It was a reasonal decision made by those with the most information and expertise to make the decision.

Quit reading more into it than that. Hageman played. Big deal he didn't start. don't hurt yourself over this.

The way Hageman has been talked up on the board this summer I am surprised he did not start. I thought he was the next Lamanzer Williams.

Patience. We have depth. Potential is no longer enough to win you a starting spot. I know as Gopher fans we've never encountered this situation on the Defense in modern history, but it's just an adjustment we're going to have to accept. That's what happens when you build a program. You have to earn your reps. This is a good thing.

People say stuff like that all the time. How often do you hear a player or coach guarantee a win? If they lose, does that make them dishonest or a liar? It's just people nitpicking in my opinion.

Heard Barrerio (sp? Who cares! Gopherhole flashback for long time readers) talk about this on the way to the cottage. I guess my take, is so what? Ask Brewster who will be starting qb next year. Answer: Gray. Year after? Answer: Gray.

Brewster thinks the guy has a big future in the NFL as a wr, not that he will never be a Gopher qb. Big difference, very big difference.

If Gray truly wanted to showcase as a WR, he would be wise to transfer. You think he will be a top ten pick with Alipate/Parrish/Pride/ unkonwn JUCO throwing him the ball? Me neither.

PS Who in the hell is Laval Neal? What a tool. No wonder Brewster has issues with Minneapolis media. He promises to rip Brewster when he gets his one chance to host K-FAN.

PPS Thought Barrerrio (sp? who cares) was somewhat fair in analysis when discussing MTSU.

Top Bottom