Grant Olson - Are we recruiting him?

Reaction score
Grant Olson - LB at Wayzata 2 stars

Maybe a preferred walk on?

I saw him play this year, he is a stud high school linebacker that could be a future Nate Triplett. I think he hits harder than Tarpley. He won't be a star at the Big Ten level, but he is one of those kids that would find a way on the field. Plus it would be great to get a Wayzata pipeline started as that program will continue to put out great players. My son played flag football in a 3rd grade Wayzata league that had 48 kids - that's more than the whole Mpls North High School program.

Grant Olson - LB at Wayzata 2 stars

Maybe a preferred walk on?

I saw him play this year, he is a stud high school linebacker that could be a future Nate Triplett

Great, we can give him a full ride for 1 year of of good play

NDSU and ND are recruiting him. I know he has a mean streak.

It is very likely that if Grant Olson has the type of year this year as he had last year he will leave Wayzata having broken many if not most of James Laureniteuse's (sp?) tackling records. I am really not trying to compare the two but the point I would like to stress is that he is a very good football player and I would love to see him stay home and play for Minnesota.

I thought I read Stanford is recruiting this guy

Good tackler, a little mean, has a nice ability to read plays and penetrate the offense. Does not seem like he has good closing acceleration or lateral quickness in pass protection or a good backpedal which would be detrimental in coverage. Would still say he is a good football player but a slight question mark for the Big 10 level. Seems like a guy that Fitzgerald at Northwestern would like if he got film on him, because the guy's play on the field does look like he has football smarts, or good awareness in the mold of a Theret.

Top Bottom