Grad Transfer Duel Threat QB

SRSKSM

FB Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
Are there any duel threat quarterbacks out there that have graduated and have eligibility left??

Both South Dakota State and East Carolina have dual threat QBs with eligibility (ahh I don't know East Carolina's-does Nelson have another year?)

Jordan Ta'amu is a JUCO and the most likely addition.

Is he packing his own dueling pistolos?

Sure, there are plenty of grad transfers. Can Tracy land any of them? Doubtful.

Nelson has burned a bridge here. I wouldn't take him back.

Have heard that we are trying to bring one in to start in 2017, not sure who though. From a semi-reliable source.

Burns says Johnson is meeting with a JC QB this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Taamu and he'll be our starting QB next season (second part is my opinion).

Don't know much about this guy, but his stats aren't that great. 4.7 in 40, 5-4 JC record. Take out his two big passing games and he looks like barely a 50% passer.

Just looked at Taamu's film...seems to fit the Jay Johnson scheme of a dual threat QB. Heck of an arm too.

Nelson has burned a bridge here. I wouldn't take him back.

Nelson has no eligibility left and has zero chance of going pro so hopefully we'll never have to hear about him after this year. Hopefully he ends up with a degree and an appreciation for what he lost and can lead a positive life going forward, out of the spotlight.

He didn't have a terrible year this year, but it's not like he lit it up either. Yes, better than Leidner statistically, but against much worse competition. He started real hot, but cooled down as the year went on.

I didn't realize how bad ECU got as the year went on. Oof. Ended up 3-9, weren't in a lot of games. Thought after they beat NC State they might be for real...

Duel? Like with pistols? Or swords?

1263712-yami_yugi.gif

Don't know much about this guy, but his stats aren't that great. 4.7 in 40, 5-4 JC record. Take out his two big passing games and he looks like barely a 50% passer.

Boykin ran a 4.77 at the combine & Dak Prescott ran a 4.79. That is plenty fast enough to be really effective dual threat spread QB.

I don't know much about the guy and I don't know if he will be good or not, but I think he'll be fast enough.

Boykin ran a 4.77 at the combine & Dak Prescott ran a 4.79. That is plenty fast enough to be really effective dual threat spread QB.

I don't know much about the guy and I don't know if he will be good or not, but I think he'll be fast enough.

It was when he was like 180, but fair enough. The rest of his numbers don't compare to the two we have already. I must be missing something.

After the game in Madison- I believe the Title to this thread is some of the worst 'click-bait' I've ever seen on this Messageboard. Really got my hopes up for a about 5 seconds until I read the 1 line first post.

What do we know about Jordan Ta'amu

Jordan Ta'amu is a JUCO and the most likely addition.

Is this someone that will be ready to come in and start and bridge the gap to either Croft or Green, Williams.
You don't bring in a JUCO to sit on the bench. Was he at a D1 school and fell out academically or just someone that developed after High School?

Where doe he go to school and can we get Zaire

Whose girlfriend is Allina Starr.

Is there a realistic chance to bring in Malik Zaire since he was at Notre Dame? We need a QB ready to take the reigns to bridge to the younger guys. God would that be beyond a jolt in the arm for this program if Zaire were to come to the Gophers. That would be like the Badgers getting Russel Wilson or somewhat similar. YES PLEASE, this program could use a HUGE JOLT. He could pad his stats and the wide receivers on this team could finally have someone that could throw the quick out or a stick route. Come on Malik Gopher fans would be happy to have you.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Looking ahead to next year QB play will be huge. Our opponents are mostly young or have unknowns just like us.

Oregon State, young
Maryland, young
Purdue, 4th year, but new coach and likely system coming in.
Michigan State, played poorly this year
Illinois, young
Iowa, young little experience
Michigan, Speight will be a Senior
Nebraska, young no experience
Northwestern, 4th Year
Wisconsin, Hornibrook 3rd year

I can see why coaches are making a big push for a JC. On the surface this team can win 9-10 games next year with a better passing game.

Is there a realistic chance to bring in Malik Zaire since he was at Notre Dame? We need a QB ready to take the reigns to bridge to the younger guys. God would that be beyond a jolt in the arm for this program if Zaire were to come to the Gophers. That would be like the Badgers getting Russel Wilson or somewhat similar. YES PLEASE, this program could use a HUGE JOLT. He could pad his stats and the wide receivers on this team could finally have someone that could throw the quick out or a stick route. Come on Malik Gopher fans would be happy to have you.

Yeah. Malik Zaire would be ideal.

Top Bottom