Grad Transfer CB Tre'Von Jones Commits

Coaches certainly are putting in work filing out a position of need.

Definitely doing it under the radar too - as they obviously know how competitive the transfer landscape is. This is the 2nd commit where nothing got out until after the visit had already happened.

Definitely doing it under the radar too - as they obviously know how competitive the transfer landscape is. This is the 2nd commit where nothing got out until after the visit had already happened.
Yeah I suspect the post spring game portal is … a lot of chaf, and highly competitive.

Played 4 years at FCS Elon. Named All-CAA the past two years. 1 year to play. Should compete for the starting outside CB spot right away. Very solid pickup.
Wonder why this guy couldn't have come here for spring ball??

He obviously had no intention of playing another season at Elon, and would assume he did not participate in their spring practices. Hope he stayed in shape.

He obviously had no intention of playing another season at Elon, and would assume he did not participate in their spring practices. Hope he stayed in shape.
I'm sure he was just sitting at home playing video games and eating pizza.

When did we offer him?

When did we offer him?
If he only went into the portal during April 15-30 window, then it is what it is. I have no idea how a guy who is clearly planning an upgrade from FCS for his last year, would wait that long to get into the portal.

How could he have?

You're claiming that he participated in Elon's spring practice? Maybe he did, I was just asking the question.
You're acting like you definitively know he wasn't. Maybe he was training with Elon, maybe he was doing his own football drills. None of us know. My guess is he will be just fine and will be in shape for fall.

Last edited:

Correct that I don't know, hence why I was asking the question.

Let us know if you have something to add

Correct that I don't know, hence why I was asking the question.

Let us know if you have something to add
You said you assumed he didn't participate. Bad assumption on your part.

You said you assumed he didn't participate. Bad assumption on your part.
So you have the link that he did?

I've never heard of a player who let the coaching staff know he was transferring out and still got to participate on that team's spring ball. Maybe he was the first

He was committed to James Madison until yesterday looks like.
Ah, that's why.

They were just ruled against by the NCAA. Would not allow them to be eligible this year, and he only has one year left.

Thanks!

Knew someone would have something to actually add, hence why I asked.

Had offers from UVA, App State, Hawaii, Miami Ohio, among others before committing to JMU originally. Seems like a nice depth addition.

Has anyone bothered to look at the competition Jones played against?

Top Bottom