Gousby

btowngopher

Reaction score
Obviously had a rough game. But why was he in there so much? His inexperience showed. Is Green injured? Has Bryson been hurt?

Green isn't hurt he was in all game.

Bryson isn't hurt either. He's on the kickoff team.

I don't think we should give up on Gousby yet.

Last edited:

I give him 50% blame. First one, bad. 2nd one, worse. But 2nd one is 100% on the coaches that apparently don't understand the rules.

Green isn't hurt he was in all game.

Bryson isn't hurt either. He's on the kickoff team.

I don't think we should dive up on Gousby yet.
I’m not giving up on him by any means. Just seemed like vs Drake Maye wasn’t an ideal spot to up his usage.

I give him 50% blame. First one, bad. 2nd one, worse. But 2nd one is 100% on the coaches that apparently don't understand the rules.

I can't remember which play it was but on one of the long NC passes the defense wasn't even lined up correctly when NC hiked the ball.

I can't remember which play it was but on one of the long NC passes the defense wasn't even lined up correctly when NC hiked the ball.
2nd time he got torched, Gophers decided to substitute half the defense. UNC did not sub in anyone, so they did not have to allow the Gophers any time. Defense was still trying to get into position and looking at the sideline when the ball was snapped.

We were not lined up on more than one occasion..
Yeah. People can say what they want about the offense. Execution is on the coaches too.
But the most obvious coaching mistake you can point to and say it was definitely the coaches fault was getting caught in subbing situations

He'll be a good one as he develops. We can't nab the Walleys of the world every time. I'm reminded of Ryan Collado back in the Brew years, who was fairly regularly the bane of a lot of posters' existence for one reason or another. He finally put it together his senior season and had a number of impact defensive plays which would have normally been an impact play for the opposing receiver, and I was really happy for him.

I have been very fortunate to have watched all three games in person. From my cheap seats I thought he recovered really well and was going to make a great play on the first UNC TD. UNC WR made a nice catch and I believe they had to review the play to verify the TD. I will not pick on this kid because UNC QB was putting the ball in good spots for his targets.

Obviously had a rough game. But why was he in there so much? His inexperience showed. Is Green injured? Has Bryson been hurt?

They are using Gousby in the third down/passing situation package. They bring Gousby is as safety and move Green to the nickel (taking Henderson out). So, when Gousby goes in, Nubin and Green are also in.

As a poster previously said, Gousby actually recovered fairly well and nearly broke up the TD. That was a much better catch than a throw. In another situation, Gousby was sent in (with others) on a late sub package and was never in position because the play was already underway. That is on the coaches, not on Gousby.

He looked really fast running guys down that had torched him. I think he's got a lot of potential! :)

He bit hard and got burned on the first one, but recovered nicely and was in the receivers hip pocket when the ball arrived. It took a great throw and a great catch to complete the play. The other play where he was “burned,” wasn’t REALLY his fault. The entire defense was discombobulated and the coaches should have called a time out. Practically every member of the defense was looking at the sidelines when the ball was snapped.

Top Bottom