Gophs to wear all white helmets tomorrow?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Yes, per this tweet from Bryant Allen:

"Damn all white helmets!!! Coach brew came thru 4real!! Let's go...look gud you play gud! Minn vs Wisc. 2mar yall at 12 on espn battle 4 AXE!"

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for sharing Bleed. It is something to look forward to seeing tomorrow.

Wow... I am not normally a fan of white helmets but this might look pretty good

itll be interesting to see what the rest of the uniforms will look like

when they say "all white" im wondering if we will be just that

and if the white helmets work... i say keep 'em around a while!

You can paint a Pinto, but it's still a Pinto. Actually, these are pretty cool. They remind me of the LSU helmets they wore to commemorate the efforts to rebuild after Katrina.

Our helmets? Worn to commemorate the efforts to rebuild after Brewster.

(Sorry, it was an easy cheap shot and it had to be made.)

Wow those are sick. I'm assuming we are going white tops and bottoms too? Those are going to look pretty good.

I like it. More than I expected. Presumably that will be combined with the white jersey and pants. Should look sharp.

And hey, whatever gets these kids motivated - I'm all for it when it comes to Axe Week.

You'd be cynical too if the highlight of your life was sharing a hometown with the world's largest ball of twine.

Largest ball of twine by an individual. I'm still pissed that some other community tried to steal the record and had teams of people winding that ball.

Yes, per this tweet from Bryant Allen:

"Damn all white helmets!!! Coach brew came thru 4real!! Let's go...look gud you play gud! Minn vs Wisc. 2mar yall at 12 on espn battle 4 AXE!"

Go Gophers!!
Isn't the game on BTN tomorrow?

this is some freudian thing with brewster and the texas longhorns....
that being said, GET EM!!!!

That pic looks pretty washed out, hopefully it's better with the full uniform.

Brewster's new ploy? Nobody will know we're the University of Minnesota if we wear different colors.

Having watched his teams for four years, Brewster should spend less time on what uniforms we'll wear, and more on how we'll play.

Why not get one home and one away uniform and stick to it?? This is us, this is our uniform. Its just like our team searching for good luck.

Have always favored a gold dome helmet...but we've never had one. That plus the traditional maroon jersey and either white (Warmath era) pants or traditional gold ones. For road games the gold dome helmet (no decoprative "M" or anything else on it) would signify "Golden Gophers."

Brewster's new ploy? Nobody will know we're the University of Minnesota if we wear different colors.

Having watched his teams for four years, Brewster should spend less time on what uniforms we'll wear, and more on how we'll play.

True but at least if we lose we lose in style...

I've always liked white helmets, and the Gophers most recently won a national championship in white helmets.

Lets see how the spirits of football feel about this.

And here I thought we looked good in the school colors.

I'm so retrograde!

(Yes, I know we had white helmets before...)

I'd really like to see those with white pants amd maroon jerseys. A maroon and gold stripe down the center might work too. I wonder if this will make the Uniwatch blog?

Top Bottom