Gophs #1 in nation 3rd down conversion; #3 in fewest penalties per game

What they're doing on 3rd down is just insane. Possessing the ball for 40+ min per game takes a lot of conversions and they're doing it. Just crazy dominant, good run/pass mix, minimizing penalties, staying on schedule, etc.

Gophers had about 90 penalty yards combined for the first three games then 70 yesterday. Was disappointed to see two false start penalties yesterday after none the first three games (I think). Good discipline through four games -- a characteristic that contributes much to winning games.

Gophers had about 90 penalty yards combined for the first three games then 70 yesterday. Was disappointed to see two false start penalties yesterday after none the first three games (I think). Good discipline through four games -- a characteristic that contributes much to winning games.
And take 15 yards off that 70 because Brockington got his head ripped off and got the call against him.

But seriously good point about discipline and that comes from culture.

And take 15 yards off that 70 because Brockington got his head ripped off and got the call against him.

Refs were jobbing the Gophers pretty hard yesterday to keep it competitive. MSU should have had about 20 more yards of holding calls on their drive to start the second half.

The 15 yard penalty for the blindside block was also bs. Our WR was clearly moving upfield when he made that block.

The 15 yard penalty for the blindside block was also bs. Our WR was clearly moving upfield when he made that block.
Point taken. Take another 15 off that 70. Puts it at 40, with the 2 non-snaps from JMS, not a bad day. Looks even better, or should I say worse regarding the putrid BIG reffing?

That was maybe one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. Not timing wise, but an official completely having it backward.

That was maybe one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. Not timing wise, but an official completely having it backward.
I agree with you, but it's possible that we didn't see the full incident on TV.

Refs were jobbing the Gophers pretty hard yesterday to keep it competitive. MSU should have had about 20 more yards of holding calls on their drive to start the second half.

I thought they were a bit at first (especially with the Brockington call) but then they evened them out.

Our balance is fun to watch, I don't think we've been truly this balanced in a long time. It seems like we can win a game due to the play of one side of the ball, let alone both dominating at the same time.

Top Bottom